The Valve Is Stuck Open On My Solenoid. $900+

jeremy.woinarowicz

I just remembered that emissions parts are covered til 80K miles, so if its evap related it should be under warranty unless youre over 80K. I think its a P0449 for the evap vent solenoid

I didn't even *think* of that - anything emissions related is covered no questions asked.

Mr. P.

I just remembered that emissions parts are covered til 80K miles, so if its evap related it should be under warranty unless youre over 80K. I think its a P0449 for the evap vent solenoid

:withstupid: P0449 is for the vent solenoid, P0443 is for the purge solenoid............I agree it

should be under the warranty

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

steve i wouldnt say no questions asked on the 80k emissions warranty. cuz my dealer had a fit that my custom cat back was welded on lol. and the evap canister took a crap on my work truck 04 1500 silvy, took 10 min to replace. the 900 is prob fuel surcharge lol

It says, "Found code P0455 set evap code tested system found canistor is plugged and starting to pull fuel into vaccum purge line causing rough idle aslo trans need program for updated software"

p0455 is large evap leak. You probably just left your gas cap off and started it up for a little while and theyre trying to rip you off. Get em to clear the code and drive it for a couple weeks. If the MIL comes back on then buy a new evap purge, and they should program the trans for free since its an update. Ive never heard of any updates for our trucks trans though in the past couple years

p0455 is large evap leak. You probably just left your gas cap off and started it up for a little while and theyre trying to rip you off. Get em to clear the code and drive it for a couple weeks. If the MIL comes back on then buy a new evap purge, and they should program the trans for free since its an update. Ive never heard of any updates for our trucks trans though in the past couple years

:withstupid: agreed, remove and re-install the gas cap....the light should go out after a few days of driving :chevy:

the canister vent wasnt venting on ours, and the tank wouldnt fill with gas cuz of the vapor coming back out the fuel filler would keep shutting off the pump. what a pain in the you know what. hope you get that cleared up, seems like you guys are on top of this.

gm bitches about doing it under the emmision law but by federal regulation it is all covered... and welding the cat back as long as its behind the cat they cant sat anything, only make you responsible for rewelding the system after cats get replaced if they r needed... gm always has new software updates for every module in there vehicles... most of them just give the computer nuts a job in a office the important ones would get you a letter in the mail from your dealer

the evap vent valves on these trucks really blows, i constantly replace them on GM trucks. Usually the 455 code is from the valve not sealing when it closes, they came out with a revised setup for it, theres a service bulletin about it. By the way, the valve only costs our shop $25, its not an expensive part at all. Just my $.02

Could be the vent valve on the gas tank too, all it does is release pressure build up in the gas tank. Mine stuck open a few times causing the engine light to come on. My neighbour is a GM Tech and he said it has no effect on anything in the truck, it will not hurt anything, it just purges to the air, more of an environment thing than anything. He said vent valves cost next to nothing and are simple to install.