Rear Bottoming Out

ipyro24

Hey, I'm new here as well to solid rear end's... I thought I would come here to ask the question, been lurking for a while. Anyways, I lowered the rear of my 03 standard cab short bed with 2 inch beltech hangers, 2 inch shackles, and beltech nitrodrop shocks. I removed the stock bump stops and put in poly pancakes. It bottoms out over everything. So I raised the rear up one inch with a one inch drop shackle. Still the same, a little better, but bottoms out over everything. I lowerd the front with 1 inch Eibach coil springs, and nitrodorp shocks. It rides fine. It sits perfactly level right now, and I would like to keep it this way! Do you think I should put the stock shackels on, and just leave on the hangers for a 2 inch drop in the rear, and leave it 1 inch in the front?

I appriciate any help in advance, this thing has been a major headache!

Edited by ipyro24 (see edit history)

i have the same thing happen to me when i installed the hangers from djm im rite along with you hits every time over anything i have no idea how to stop this.i also need help with this

did you just replace the stock bumpstops with the new ones? if so, remove the whole stock bumpstop setup including the mounting bracket and mount the new bumpstop directly to the frame. There should already be a whole located near the stock mounting place. This should give you a lot more travel and stop the early bottoming out. Hope this helps.

did you just replace the stock bumpstops with the new ones? if so, remove the whole stock bumpstop setup including the mounting bracket and mount the new bumpstop directly to the frame. There should already be a whole located near the stock mounting place. This should give you a lot more travel and stop the early bottoming out. Hope this helps.

:withstupid: I have a 4" rear drop, took off the bracket added smaller bumpstop

right to the frame no problems

:withstupid: I have a 4" rear drop, took off the bracket added smaller bumpstop

right to the frame no problems

:withstupid:

I totally removed the stock bump stop, and repplaced it with a super low profile poly one. I have Beltech nitrodrop 2 shocks in the rear also. And I raised it up to 3 inches, and it still bottoms out over everything... :(

I totally removed the stock bump stop, and repplaced it with a super low profile poly one. I have Beltech nitrodrop 2 shocks in the rear also. And I raised it up to 3 inches, and it still bottoms out over everything... :(

did you mount it in the stock location? try mounting it in the other hole near it.

Yah I tried removeing it completely, and it just hit the frame :( verry loud! Today I ended up putting on the stock shackels. So the rear is dropped 2 inches via hangers. And the front droped 1 inch via eibach springs. The truck rides 1000x better than it did before, and I reccomend the eibach for all of you who have front coil springs. Thanks so much for everyones help!