Everybody Wants to Race

Fuggit

I've only had my '04 SS for about six weeks now and I'm constantly being challenged by everything from those little mini coopers to Cadillacs. I usually ignore the rice burners and Taurus’ but any time a pick-up zooms by… we run. My totally stock SS has been unbeaten until today. I found myself side-by-side with a 2000 silverado with 20” wheels and an awesome sounding exhaust. He must have spotted me puttn’ along the hiway and I could see him in the RVM working his way up to me. I figured this was just another (yawn) Texas pickup wanting a lesson in humility. So there we were on hiway 90 west bound and he juiced it a little and I gave it a little and he stomped on it. There we go… doing about 60 mph and he pulls me up to about 100 and he just kept going faster and faster. I could see him snickering and then he waved bye bye. I flashed the high beams to see if he’d stop but nope… he kept going. I’m just glad I got beat by a Chevy. :cool:

I've only had my '04 SS for about six weeks now and I'm constantly being challenged by everything from those little mini coopers to Cadillacs. I usually ignore the rice burners and Taurus’ but any time a pick-up zooms by… we run. My totally stock SS has been unbeaten until today. I found myself side-by-side with a 2000 silverado with 20” wheels and an awesome sounding exhaust. He must have spotted me puttn’ along the hiway and I could see him in the RVM working his way up to me. I figured this was just another (yawn) Texas pickup wanting a lesson in humility. So there we were on hiway 90 west bound and he juiced it a little and I gave it a little and he stomped on it. There we go… doing about 60 mph and he pulls me up to about 100 and he just kept going faster and faster. I could see him snickering and then he waved bye bye. I flashed the high beams to see if he’d stop but nope… he kept going. I’m just glad I got beat by a Chevy. :cool:

Time for mods :D:D:D

I have been beat so many times over the past few months I have lost count.*shrugs* I really don’t care how fast my truck is, I do think it is fun though that everyone and their grandmother wants to have a go… :D

BTW, if there is anyone that frequents the lightning boards and read a post about someone smoking an SS on the freeway on Christmas Eve in Phoenix, that was me. :uhoh: I have no idea who that guy was in the silver lightning, but holly shat! :eek: That was one extremely fast lightning.

Any truck that can pull from 65mph and leave another truck just completing its downshift, in its dust…IS FAST!!

Archived