• another Silverado SS
    • NBS RCSB bone stock and mod the hell out of it
    • SRT-10 Ram

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
damn dude sick truck now lets see some vids of it.

-Rob

You got it. SRT-10 still needs a couple of things but its getting quicker everytime I go to the track. Here is a Video of me VS 07 Corvette LS3. I got a horrible start but realled him in pretty quick.

th_200806141130221.jpg

Next Vid is me Vs. Silverado SS on the bottle.

th_20080614122552.jpg

wouldn't have been my choice but hell you only have yourself to please, and you did get the right color...

black ones are faster ;)

enjoy..

my wife said i could buy myself a brand new truck/car for my 50th birthday september next year.. i've considered the options new silverado the new Camaro even a cadillac (i am getting older lol ) but think i'll be keeping the SS for a few years or so.. not finished modding it yet..

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just wondering what made you choose the SRT-10Ram (just wondering)? I drove the Midnite Rider Edition crew cab here with 33k miles for 30 grand and could not justify it..... Truck didnt perform as much as I expected it too I guess. They also had the truck sitting in the sun, covered in at least 2 millimeters of pollen. When I got my SS they stored it in the basement of the dealership. Check out Billy Boat for the headers they have for that SRT-10. I am kinda mad they dont have them for our SS...

If I had the choice, would have gone with a colorado and dropped the 427 LS7 engine in that and add awd.

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
Just wondering what made you choose the SRT-10Ram (just wondering)? I drove the Midnite Rider Edition crew cab here with 33k miles for 30 grand and could not justify it..... Truck didnt perform as much as I expected it too I guess. They also had the truck sitting in the sun, covered in at least 2 millimeters of pollen. When I got my SS they stored it in the basement of the dealership. Check out Billy Boat for the headers they have for that SRT-10. I am kinda mad they dont have them for our SS...

If I had the choice, would have gone with a colorado and dropped the 427 LS7 engine in that and add awd.

What really made my mind up was when I was driving to the dealership to check out an SS they had on their lot I passed 4-5 Silverado SS's on the way. Got me to thinking about getting something a little more unique. Iv'e always wanted an SRT-10 since they came out but thought they were way too pricey. Then oil prices went through the roof and the price of these trucks became dirt cheap.

You are right about the quad cab not being as sporty as one might think. They are heavy pigs and need some good mods to overcome the weight issue. After owning both trucks I can give some real world comparisons. Both trucks have their pro's and con's but to sum it up the SS was fun but the SRT-10 is a blast.

I'm also currently building a 96 S-10 which will destroy my SRT-10 in the 1/4