08 Shelby Mustang 500kr

zanis520

alright well heres the article:

2008 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR: The Most Ridiculously Overpriced Mustang Ever - Car News

EIGHTY grand for a Mustang!?

BY ERIK JOHNSON

April 2008

Way back when the Ford Shelby Mustang GT500KR was announced at the 2007 New York auto show, we speculated that it might cost $50,000—maybe $55,000, tops. Turns out we were very, very wrong.

Ford today released pricing information for the 540-hp, supercharged ultra-Stang, and it will cost a whopping $79,995 plus a likely $1300 gas-guzzler tax when it goes on sale in May. That’s right folks, more than any production Mustang in history, and more than several Car and Driver favorites.

What possible reasons could a person who ponies up eighty large for a Mustang—the same amount as three Mustang GTs—have for passing up so many indelible automotive delights? What thoughts might rush through their heads? A rundown, in order of price:

BMW M3 ($55,875): “Sounds too good, not enough torque. Why would I want the best car in the world?”

Lexus IS F ($56,675): “I’ve never heard of this one before. The leather’s probably much too buttery soft, though, and there’s no way the gauge cluster lights will change colors.”

Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG ($57,225): “Way too awesome.”

Nissan GT-R ($70,475): “Too fast, too capable. Also, it has all-wheel drive and therefore can’t do ridiculously long burnouts.”

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 ($72,125): “Can I point you toward my Calvin-peeing-on-a-bowtie sticker?”

Porsche 911 Carrera ($74,360): “Don’t speak German. Also, not enough torque.”

Lotus Elise Supercharged plus a Mazda MX-5 ($77,710): “I hate turning.”

In short, you’d have to be nuts, although based on our previous experience with the hysteria that surrounds all things Shelby, the 1000 GT500KRs will likely go quickly.

Too bad they're not $80k :confused: ...more like $122k...this is ridiculous! :rolleyes:

Anyone who spends that kind of coin on that is an idiot :idiot:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-Ford-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

Well, I cant get any of the stupid ebay links to work, so just go to ebaymotors and search GT500kr and you will find a dozen over six figures...

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

i had an 02 saleen s281 SC that i bought used for a great price, other than that ill never own another ford.

i wonder if they have that question on dating sites? if she drives a ford, no dice.

I like those saleens, my friend's dad has an 01 black convertible but it's always breaking down. :chevy: