Free Diving Pics

drako

Dave, before I started scuba diving I used to be able to get down to 30 feet no prob and stay there bout 30 seconds 25 feet a bit longer. No its only down to about 20-25 feet and 30 seconds is pushing it. Scuba got me lazy :rolleyes: Its not good at all....and to be honest im a big wuss and fear shallow water blackout.

Leftcoast, yeah Vis was great it was about 50 early on in the day then got a bit worse as it picked up but sitll great.

Wrestler, I am more on an observer however yeah my buddies def got into it

one of the hogfish sharkwater.jpg

thanks everyone for the kind words, I have been thinking of picking this up as a hobby and may get an underwater housing soon for my digital I might suit up soon in full gear and that will give me the opportunity to really get better pictures.

heres a pic of the water

P1010419.jpg

Is there any coral where you dive?

mostly brain/stony coral, i have seen pictures of giant montipora but its been hard catching some of the crazy stuff. a couple of soft coral ive seen ricordia in a few dive spots. sadly Caribbean coral has been on a decline over the past years. There has been stiff regulations which has limited pirating of coral. But they are just dying now :sigh:

However, there are still some spots that have a good amount. I will try and get into a few wrecks in the upcoming weeks :thumbs:

mostly brain/stony coral, i have seen pictures of giant montipora but its been hard catching some of the crazy stuff. a couple of soft coral ive seen ricordia in a few dive spots. sadly Caribbean coral has been on a decline over the past years. There has been stiff regulations which has limited pirating of coral. But they are just dying now :sigh:

However, there are still some spots that have a good amount. I will try and get into a few wrecks in the upcoming weeks :thumbs:

That is sad about the corals dying. Definatly try to get some pics if you can.