Had My Cam Installed

That sounds pretty wicked.. I can't wait for my truck to get out of the shop... My engine is all torn down right now so with in a week or two I will have it running... I am in the waiting room on the forums here for my cam and engine build.... I will have pictures during the build and a final video when it is complete so you guys can here it too... can't wait... :D and once again sounds sick...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cam and springs.

Sorry but 1 more question. What springs did you use. I found the cam in Summit # CCA-54-426-11*+ but I don't know what springs you used. I just learning this stuff on these modern vehicle, I have a 408 sbc in my 66 Nova and parts and interchangeable of them is easier for my. Again Thanks

Sorry but 1 more question. What springs did you use. I found the cam in Summit # CCA-54-426-11*+ but I don't know what springs you used. I just learning this stuff on these modern vehicle, I have a 408 sbc in my 66 Nova and parts and interchangeable of them is easier for my. Again Thanks

Yes, that's the part #, but I'm not sure what the springs are. Frank just got them from Zippy last week. Maybe you can give Zippy a PM and find out which ones they are. Just ask him which ones Frank got from him. All I know is that the cam is suppose to be the best one for my mods and for the converter and shift kit to come later. Frank said my cam works best from 1500 to 6500 rpms. My rev limiter and shift points are set at 6200 for now, until I get the converter. I had my truck up to 120 on sunday, and it still pulled hard.

Terry

why didnt you change your push rods, i put the 7.400 comp rods in mine when i did my cam and i used the comp beehive springs and what are the specs on that cam?

222-224-566-568 LSA is 112

The cam and springs.

you need to add a set of hardened push rods.I would not run the stockers.I pulled apart a buddies TBSS that blew it up and pulled out 3 bent push rods. They are a must or just wait and bend one and then you will think about it.