Gas Expense

SS Silv

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do Tonneau Covers (however you spell it, "Bed Covers") really save gas?

Im assuming they do, but it might just be something they say- to sale them.

I wanna get that really thin one. Fiberglass.

-It looks like it's almost an inch thick, so its really low profile.

-Im sure its more than 2K though... :(

Here is my new mod fuel guage!!!Gaugelol.jpg
too bad thats the truth. . . . . .
Do Tonneau Covers (however you spell it, "Bed Covers") really save gas?Im assuming they do, but it might just be something they say- to sale them.I wanna get that really thin one. Fiberglass.-It looks like it's almost an inch thick, so its really low profile.-Im sure its more than 2K though... :(
no. . . . . you might loose som MPG for the added wieght though

How much do prius's go for?

We are paying a little over 24K. I was looking at Honda Civics, but they only get 25 in town, and cost 18K. The Prius is 6K more, but the mileage in town doubles! I think we will use the Prius a lot to run kids around to Tee-ball, football, band, track, Tae Kwon Do, Cheerleading etc, etc, etc. I think the Prius is funny looking, but I love the fuel economy.

Do Tonneau Covers (however you spell it, "Bed Covers") really save gas?

I could not tell any difference at all when I installed mine. The only thing I ever put on that had a noticable effect was my cat-back. I picked up 1.5 MPG in town after I put in on.

Mike

I could not tell any difference at all when I installed mine. The only thing I ever put on that had a noticable effect was my cat-back. I picked up 1.5 MPG in town after I put in on.

Mike

Man 1.5 increase, I gotta get me a catback I guess. :chevy:

Overall I'm probably at around 250 to 300 a month in gas for the truck, DD car, and the quads. Gonna get worse soon though cause right now it's only about 1.5 miles to work, in a little over a month I'm moving about 25-30 miles away so that number should go up quite a bit.

I just filled up the other day. 25.253 gallons cost $100. That'll last me 7-10 days. I hope. The saving grace we have for the summer is that my wife will be off, and not having a daycare bill will free up $660 a month.

I need some mod money for some exhaust and air intake to improve fuel economy.