New Best With 1st Run Of The Year

SSThunder

I got to the track late but they were having a late night(open till 2 am). Weather was alright, cool high 60's with a light breazy blowing down the track. It had rained before I got there so I got to sit for awhile before getting in my only run of the night. the only change from last July run was I'm running the 3.o pulley and stock steel 17 rims with 245/70/17 tires. Had half tank of gas and some junk in the truck plus bed cover and stock trim. Here's my new best:

60 ft. - 1.848

T2 - 5.351

1/8 - 8.311

1/8 mph - 81.85

1/4 - 13.187

1/4 mph - 98.192

I've been told the lane I ran in the trap speed is slow for some reason and I'm pretty sure I was over 100 mph when I crossed the 1/4 line. Truck ran great. Started raining pretty good after my run so I gave up and left around 12:30 am. Old best was 13.69 so the pulley change, tire switch and cool weather helped a lot. I'll get a pic and post the time slip. If I had less gas in the truck, less junk and dropped the spare and tailgate I probably could have dipped into the 12's :devil:

Now your going to make me install my 2.9" pulley and go to the track...I'm afraid to though because I am unemployed and cant afford a busted transmission. Good runs. I have similar mods so I should be able to hit the low 13's as well.

Now your going to make me install my 2.9" pulley and go to the track...I'm afraid to though because I am unemployed and cant afford a busted transmission. Good runs. I have similar mods so I should be able to hit the low 13's as well.

Do it. All I have in the trans is zippy shift kit/servos, TBTC , a bigger trans cooler and a zippy tune and it's holding strong(knock on wood). Plus I beat the $hit out of it evey day. I'm going to go back this Friday and see if I can see a high 12 sec. pass :devil:

Congrats, I'd have guessed for a better 60' time, but you'll make it into the 12's soon enough. You have the parts for it. I'm sure there is a bit more left in your tune.

I only got 1 run so I only stalled to 1500+ or so rpms plus the track tires aren't the best(used 245/70/17) and I knew they would spin if I tried to stall to 2500 or so. I'm going back Friday to see if I can get some better runs in. I still need to block off the erg thing on my dynatech headers adn switch the tubing for the intercooler. I've got the hoses on backwards doh :banghead:

There's no doubt in my mind I can tweak some things and get into the 12's pretty easy. DR would help a lot, plus all the extra weight I had on/in the ss would also help.

Any idea what size tires stock steel 17" NBS rims would take? I'd like to get some wider tires on these stock rims but I wonder how wide I can go with them

I only got 1 run so I only stalled to 1500+ or so rpms plus the track tires aren't the best(used 245/70/17) and I knew they would spin if I tried to stall to 2500 or so. I'm going back Friday to see if I can get some better runs in. I still need to block off the erg thing on my dynatech headers adn switch the tubing for the intercooler. I've got the hoses on backwards doh :banghead:

There's no doubt in my mind I can tweak some things and get into the 12's pretty easy. DR would help a lot, plus all the extra weight I had on/in the ss would also help.

Any idea what size tires stock steel 17" NBS rims would take? I'd like to get some wider tires on these stock rims but I wonder how wide I can go with them

I would go for a 275/50 or a 275/60 as far are tires go. As for the stalling it up, you're running a Radix, I'd just launch it off idle. You have little to no gain in stalling it up other than heating up the transmission. Were you getting tire spin at all launching as you did? If you weren't, then we need to add some timing in the bottom. A Radix truck should be able to spin all 4 (or 3) on the launch or at least be in the 1.7 area for 60' time on an off idle launch.

I would go for a 275/50 or a 275/60 as far are tires go. As for the stalling it up, you're running a Radix, I'd just launch it off idle. You have little to no gain in stalling it up other than heating up the transmission. Were you getting tire spin at all launching as you did? If you weren't, then we need to add some timing in the bottom. A Radix truck should be able to spin all 4 (or 3) on the launch or at least be in the 1.7 area for 60' time on an off idle launch.

Yeah it was spinning a bit but hooked up pretty quick but I'm sure it affected my 60 ft time. these thins tires are easy to spin. I didn't get a chance to test launches since it rained after my first run. I'll try launching off idel Friday when I go again.