Tool Boxes

saytagf

Well i dont really want to but with limited storage space at my new condo It seems I'm going to be putting a tool box in the back of the truck soon. Anyone have one? had one? got pics? recomendations? I was thinking something along these lines

i install alot of these for guys at work , if you want to put one in the ss id suggest one that sits in the bed near the cab , they make ones that sit just under the bed rails so you really cant tell it has one. if i didnt have a tonnoe id have one just becasue i keep tools and belts and certain parts on my truck just in case. it has saved me more than once for sure.

i think craftsman makes some , id just take some measurments and pick one up at sears. alot of the tool boxes we use are weather guard but some of them sit on top of the bed , it does have more storage but these are for work trucks so looks are last.

i install alot of these for guys at work , if you want to put one in the ss id suggest one that sits in the bed near the cab , they make ones that sit just under the bed rails so you really cant tell it has one. if i didnt have a tonnoe id have one just becasue i keep tools and belts and certain parts on my truck just in case. it has saved me more than once for sure.

i think craftsman makes some , id just take some measurments and pick one up at sears. alot of the tool boxes we use are weather guard but some of them sit on top of the bed , it does have more storage but these are for work trucks so looks are last.

I've seen those and like em but with the ones that sit over the rails i dont loose any length of my bed cuz boards ans shit can still fit under it...but it is kinda ugly imo....i may try and get one for a mini truck and maybe make something creative

If i had one i would go the route that Chase suggested like a nice under rail chest or even an inexpensivw tool box thats fits below the rails depending what you are looking for.

Maybe you could get a low-pro one and if you can weld mount some brackets on the sides to elevate it...

-Grazi

Had one like this in my '01 Dodge P/U. Only problem is, if your not careful or other people aren't careful, you scratch the hell out of your paint, getting stuff out of it from the side.

GullWing.jpg

If you go with any style over the rail, please oh please, put in some nice Rubber Gaskets/mats that go on you bedrails. You have less damge to the paint. (Even thought your about to drill 4 holes in the bedrails to anchor it down ... LOL)

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

Ya I have one it is a truxedo plus. I like it becouse it sits flush and has a tonneau built in. there about 800 bucks though. I'm thinking about selling it becouse I don't use the SS as a work truck no more and my new truck is a long box.

Misc006.jpg

Misc005.jpg

A low profile tool box is not a bad thing to have as you don't really see it there. I really like mine and use it for my tools.

I personally would do the under rail. But, the one on AFVM's truck does not look bad at all. :thumbs:

• 4 years later...