magna charger or vortech?

Mikeyboy22

From what i've heard, they're both good kits, and both benefit from custom tuning. If you want the power to arrive low, go with the radix. The vortech will start kicking in later, but from what I've see, vortech kits seem to make more power easier. Just my opinion. Either way, make sure you get somthing with an intercooler. :chevy:

for a simple bolt on kit if you're not into tuning and making it work, go radix. the radix is one hell of a kit and i was solid at recomending it initially, but they all seem to have the same knock signal problem which i'm wondering if it is a frequency from the blower causing it. either way, for a bolt on kit it's radix hands down. for going all out, i'd say procharger or vortech. vortech would be my pick over procharger though since the procharger takes considerably more work to hook up and get tuned in as well as having to set up all your own ducting including the intercooler.

Magnuson or Vortech... you won't go wrong either way and both come with everything you need for the install. The Magnuson has been very popular and makes good power throughout the RPM range. Vortech also makes a very good product. Their kits have been extremely popular with the other vehicles that we deal with. Their new system with the Aftercooler can hang with the best of them!

The Radix will make more power in the lower RPM range but as I said, you won't go wrong either way.

Tom

Archived