Drl Question

how does this jumper help me with my DRL issue =\ =[

:crazy:

...i did that but in the forum posted it says put wire in between?? at does that mean? wat kind of wire??...

did you or did you not ask what he meant by putting a wire between the two connectors? a "jumper" is a term people use for a wire that bypasses sensors or switches, i thought the picture i posted explained this?

Edited by WODY (see edit history)

so a jumper is a wire thqt bypases sensors? hmm i didnt kno that... so i put my sensor bak on and it seems to wrk yay, but to get my drls tp stay on all the time is gpong to be a pain in the ass for me........ how big of a wire do i need to use to overrite the sensor?? and when i put the wire in, im not going to need that little dome thing anymor right??

so a jumper is a wire thqt bypases sensors? hmm i didnt kno that... so i put my sensor bak on and it seems to wrk yay, but to get my drls tp stay on all the time is gpong to be a pain in the ass for me........ how big of a wire do i need to use to overrite the sensor?? and when i put the wire in, im not going to need that little dome thing anymor right??

2-3 inches of wire (just enough to loop it like in the picture i posted above). personally i would keep the sensor in the dash, i wouldn't want a hole in my dash.

thats it

hmm wow simple yet i was almosT

F-ing it up last night, thanks for the help guys!!.......quik Q, if that wire swap does not happen to wrk, than wat can be done, i hope im not annoying u guys wit these simple questions, wiring is not my thing sorry :help::cry2:

and from the other thread about this exact topic

rpss4844

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Today, 07:14 AM Post #13

SS Newbie

Group: Member

Member No.: 13215

this is very easy to accomplish. simply remove the radio and remove the ambient light sensor located on top of the dash, it looks like a small opaque dome and will just twist out. once removed unplug the sensor and run a small piece of wire between the two connection points on the plug. tape it all up and just leave in the dash. replace the dome back in the hole if desired so there wont be a small hole in the dash.

the result of this will be that the DRL will be on continuos when the truck is in gear. you will have to manually turn on and off the headlights. Mine has been this way for about 6 months and no problems.

This post has been edited by rpss4844: Today, 07:16 AM

wen u say wire between the two connection points, what kind of wire?

and ima jus get the wire and put that in sensor and connect and other end of the wire to the plug??? is that wat you mean>??

It really doesn't matter what kind of wire you use......hell you could just bend a paper clip to fit it.....but don't really...as long as you make an electrical connection. To jumper your sensor for instance you would get inside your dash...unplug the connector that goes to your light sensor...get a piece of wire say an inch long and run it between the two pins in the connector...thats it...all you are doing is bypassing the sensor...you can install the sensor back into the dash just so there is no hole but just remember that it will be doing nothing

pstest-7.jpg ***<----Just an example this is not what your light sensor connector looks like. Just showing you what a "jumper" is/looks like***

*reason for edit* Sorry Wody didn't see or read your previous post.....cheo look at this example or the one wody posted (in post #12) and you shouldn't have any more questions :cheers:

Edited by NolletSSS (see edit history)

It really doesn't matter what kind of wire you use......hell you could just bend a paper clip to fit it.....but don't really...as long as you make an electrical connection. To jumper your sensor for instance you would get inside your dash...unplug the connector that goes to your light sensor...get a piece of wire say an inch long and run it between the two pins in the connector...thats it...all you are doing is bypassing the sensor...you can install the sensor back into the dash just so there is no hole but just remember that it will be doing nothing

pstest-7.jpg ***<----Just an example this is not what your light sensor connector looks like. Just showing you what a "jumper" is/looks like***

*reason for edit* Sorry Wody didn't see or read your previous post.....cheo look at this example or the one wody posted (in post #12) and you shouldn't have any more questions :cheers:

i did that i bend a pice of wire and put it in between where u indicated but the lights still turn on =\...would it be that i cut thru the sonsors wires and i reconnected them...do u think that by doing that it is not wrking properly?..dam i need someone to do it for me someone that lives like close to my area, and wen they do it ima feel all stupid cause it was something simple that i was missing =\ who lives close to me so they can offer me assistance??? plz!! =]