Why Am I Changing Injectors So Often

metalix_421

so i have a 03 and my motor has about 30000 miles on it. i have changed 13 injectors and 4 fuel pumps in the last 4 months. :( all the parts are AC DELCO. should i try something else or what. any help with my problem would be great

that is very odd....could be the gas that you are buying.... and by that way it was nice meeting up with you at kmart parkin lot ur truck loooks pretty sick and i did notice that both of ur passenger side rims wobble a lil bit wehn drivin just thought that i would tell ya since you said somthing about it ridin funny.......

that is very odd....could be the gas that you are buying.... and by that way it was nice meeting up with you at kmart parkin lot ur truck loooks pretty sick and i did notice that both of ur passenger side rims wobble a lil bit wehn drivin just thought that i would tell ya since you said somthing about it ridin funny.......

replace your wheel beiring assemblies!!!!!! 145 bucks each.. trust me.. makes a HUGE difference!! and yep.. causes wheel wobble.. did on mine

so i have a 03 and my motor has about 30000 miles on it. i have changed 13 injectors and 4 fuel pumps in the last 4 months. :( all the parts are AC DELCO. should i try something else or what. any help with my problem would be great

Either you have been getting garbage fuel all this time or you have some sort of electrical gremlin.

replace your wheel beiring assemblies!!!!!! 145 bucks each.. trust me.. makes a HUGE difference!! and yep.. causes wheel wobble.. did on mine

I don't think it's wheel bearings if it is both passenger side wheels....sounds more like the wheels need to be rebalanced...........

I don't think it's wheel bearings if it is both passenger side wheels....sounds more like the wheels need to be rebalanced...........

:withstupid: start with the easy stuff first.

also a cause of injector/pump failure is running your tank on low fuel. . . . .not good. . .pump gets hot, pump picks up debris at the bottom of the tank

:withstupid: sounds logical to me. what is your MPG?

Edited by WODY (see edit history)

also a cause of injector/pump failure is running your tank on low fuel. . . . .not good. . .pump gets hot, pump picks up debris at the bottom of the tank

:withstupid: please tell us that you are not running your tank to "E" all the time... :ughdance:

have you pissed off anybody lately???. all that in a short time i would start with a locking gas cap. and start trouble shooting all your grounds, and test your voltage to the pump/injectors

good luck

:seeya:

prolly bad fuel,

change out your fuel filter often, change gas stations, dont run your truck on "E".

Use A High quality fuel system cleaner, BG products, ie 44k. or gm top engine clean. If You get the Injectors profesionally cleaned as soon as it starts running rough, that may help.

~Danny