Fuel Pressure Readings on Radix-equipped Truck

Fun Guy

Getting ready to install an under-the-hood fuel pressure gauge. Don't have room in the cab (putting the boost gauge directly into the dash, no leftover room) so I decided to put in under the hood - much cheaper (plus I will likely only use it when dyno tuning or such).

So I've got a couple of questions....

(1) For you guys with the fuel pressure gauge already installed, what is the range of readings with the gauge? Reason being, I need to decide between the 60lb max gauge and the 100lb max gauge. If fuel pressure is 55lb or less the 60lb would give more accurate readings due to better resolution.

(2) Have any of you mounted one off the rail (or other place on the motor) using a National Pipe/Metric connector? If so, have you used the 2173/2174, 2176/2177, or 2179/2180 Autometer gauges? This type of gauge would be very cool, as there would be no expensive braided hose required for install... :thumbs::D

Fun Guy,

It isn't a radix it's a procharger, but fuel pressure with a second pump in line with my system is running 50Psi at idle, and when I am hopping on it it reads between 60-65. So if I were you I would go with the 100 since it is pushing the limits of the 60 Psi gauge. I also hove mine mounted in the truck with a AUT5775 part number gauge. It came with a sender and was $200 bucks total from this place:

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/autoptm.htm

Hope some of this helps..... :thumbs:

I don't have the resolution problems with digital, but mine will read up to 150psi, I think.

If you can find a pressure gauge with a -6AN connector on it, you could screw that thing right into the fuel block on the Radix unit. I have the gauge in the truck and didn't need any braided hoses. I just screwed in the sending unit to the fuel block, then ran the signal from the sending unit into the truck.

I get 55-56 at idle. 59-60 at WOT.

I don't have the resolution problems with digital, but mine will read up to 150psi, I think.

If you can find a pressure gauge with a -6AN connector on it, you could screw that thing right into the fuel block on the Radix unit. I have the gauge in the truck and didn't need any braided hoses. I just screwed in the sending unit to the fuel block, then ran the signal from the sending unit into the truck.

I get 55-56 at idle. 59-60 at WOT.

Got that guage working I see. :D

Archived