Is Anyone Else W/fi Having Trouble With The Tensioner?

So today I went to get my AC fixed and it turned out to be my tensioner that was messed up. This is the second time Ive had to deal with this in like a year. They told me the extra power was wearing it out quickly. Has anyone else had this problem with FI applications. Recommendations? Upgrades tensioners?

Thanks

I have a comp cams billet tensioner I like it a lot.
I will have to check that out.
Not sure of your blower, but Magnuson sells a new stronger tensioner. I forget the actual manufacturer, but check their site.
Thanks for the info

then i dont think he has a dayco if he is turbo charged???? any way the new magnacharger one I think i have seen where people have had to mod it some to make it work..I think the belt is not inline when installed is the problem...but dunno

i have the same problem too . we think at least it still works but im having issues with belt slip on the blower and we are planning on making the new maggie one work . im actually going to be heading down to san diego to start messing with it.

btw i dont know if this would apply to a turbo but for a blower set up you dont want a non adjustable tensioner becasue it can and will snap the belt when the blower is loaded and unloaded quickly when you go wot and let off hard.

my 2 cents but if they told him his ac didn't work because of a tensioner wouldn't that be the ac tensioner not the main one it is a different belt for ac . oh and i have broken 4 of those dayco tensioners but the new one that came with the mp122h seems to be working fine so far

Edited by rgp6373 (see edit history)

yes it would be the other tensioner and i know some others have had their have problems its just something that happens maybe twice is ironic but thrice something is not right.