Msd Ignition Coils

Dauber85

Has anyone put these into ther trucks? If so which ones did you use, I've seen all the part numbers from 8245-8247 and the closest ones that match are 8247, but not quite, is there something extra that needs to be done? Any help would be appreciated. They just don't look like they will fit into the factory spot by the way they are shaped.......so.....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the only cool thing about these is that they are red. paint your stockers red, they are not worth the money since our stockers are pretty damn good.

Really, you don't they improve it at all? What about upgrading the wires to 8.5mm? I thought that MSD was pretty good, but if you say our stocks are pretty good I'll take your word for it. Reds cool, but I think they would look better blue,lol.

Really, you don't they improve it at all? What about upgrading the wires to 8.5mm? I thought that MSD was pretty good, but if you say our stocks are pretty good I'll take your word for it. Reds cool, but I think they would look better blue,lol.

Yeah the stock coils are good like wody said, and if your wires need replacing go ahead and get the msd wires.

stock coils are more that enough its thed stock wires that suck, they have too much resistance, 800+ ohms. so some msd or taylor wires will be good they has 40 ohms per foot :thumbs:

Holy sheeeite! 800+ Ohms?! I normally don't swap plug wires as, in my experience, OEM do the trick 99% of the time and are more reliable than after market but.. definately time to upgrade.

Edit: Off searching for Magnacores.

Edited by Blk06Limited (see edit history)

the wires are worth it but stay away from the coils.

:withstupid: the stock coils are more than enough even for most FI applications, the wires are a worthwhile upgrade, you will feel that the truck runs a bit smoother with them.