Twin Turbo Header Problem

I've got a problem with the steering shaft not clearing the header. I have bought a twin turbo kit from HP performance in New Mexico and I don't think they realised there was a difference between a two wheel drive truck and awd. Nathan from HP performance Has asked if there is anyone in New Mexico , Roswel, 301 E 4th st who has a Awd chevy and would be willing to drop by their shop so they could take a look and maybe help them to sort this problem out. It would be much appreciated if anyone could help with this.

Thanks Ivan

LSXTTASSEMBLY5.jpg

LSXTTASSEMBLY4.jpg

This is the problem

P1010103-12.jpg

Nathan or Jimmy on 505 623 2555

how is the steering different between 2WD, AWD and 4WD???

Are they tring to use a car kit in a truck?

Am I right in thinking the 2wd trucks have a steering rack and the awd have a steering box and that could be a reason there is an issue with it fitting

No it's not a car kit, this is one of their truck kits

TwinTurboTruck007Small.jpg

As far as I know the steering is the same on RWD and AWD models.....the only issue is drive shaft clearance in the drivers side collector area. :chevy:

This is true on SS trucks with the torsion bar suspension, but the kit probably was designed around a 2WD coil spring truck that has the rack instead of gear box.

This is true on SS trucks with the torsion bar suspension, but the kit probably was designed around a 2WD coil spring truck that has the rack instead of gear box.

:withstupid: all torsion bar suspension (all SS) has a steering box but the coil spring suspension has rack and pinion.

Am I right in thinking the 2wd trucks have a steering rack and the awd have a steering box and that could be a reason there is an issue with it fitting

No it's not a car kit, this is one of their truck kits

TwinTurboTruck007Small.jpg

good god that looks perty!!! what kind of # are you puting down at the wheel.

I think this is what happened, they tell me they are having trouble getting a awd truck, so they can check things out. So if anyone is in New Mexico and are passing HP performance could you drop in and let them take a look, I'd appreciate it. thanks.

DAMN Ivan sorry to hear its not fitting, hope they sort it for you..

i'm sure you're missing your truck as much as i did.. mine is finally sorted engines 2 transmissions 5..

have you strenghened your trans yet?

eamonn

Hi Eamonn, It's a shame I've got to sit about while they find an awd truck, still, It'll be worth it in the end.

I went with a FLT level 5 4l80e I had the 4l65 beefed up but decided it wouldn't hold up to the power levels we are aiming for, hoping to make about 800 bhp.

Pleased to hear your truck is back on the road, must be a nice feeling after such a long wait.

Edited by jcb (see edit history)

sure is good to have it back.. i wont be racing this year mind, i've spent more getting it back on the road than i wanted to, coulda bought another car/truck lol, still gonna enjoy it now its fixed, so i'll leave you to go for the 4 door challenge this year lol and kick them fraud boys butts

see you soon

hope they get it sorted for you soon

eamonn

Talked to Nathan at HP performance today and he as told me he as got a truck coming in Monday and he should have the problem with the header resoveld by Thursday and will have the header shipped out the following week. lets hope it all comes off. I'll keep you posted.