I've Finally Done It

zippy

Zippy and I are working on a date for him to come back to my place,I've got a sh*tload of tunes waiting for him here.I'm thinkin we are shooting for late june :cheers:

sounds GREAT to me!! lets get er done. the 28th is no good.. lets try for the 21st weekend?

wooohoooo!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see some logs of that E85 tune. I'm going to work on some SSS E85 tuning as well as converting one to be a flex fuel vehicle (able to switch from gas to E85). It is great Krambo, I'm more than excited about it.

congrats zippy. Your tune did get another ss into the 12's. Think we cna hit 11's next year :devil:

Congrats Thunder, I bet it feels Freakin' AWESOME Runnin' 12's :cheers: , You 2 Zippy another One for da books :thumbs::cheers:

I'd like to see some logs of that E85 tune. I'm going to work on some SSS E85 tuning as well as converting one to be a flex fuel vehicle (able to switch from gas to E85). It is great Krambo, I'm more than excited about it.

Yeah, the newer FF vehicles have a "virtual" alcohol sensor from what I've heard and use the same PCM. Is that the route you plan on going for FF? Just a code mask swap to run the bin on an SSS? What all is involved in that? Do you just change the VIN, modify the tune, and "write entire" from a newer FF?

Really all that changes on a scan is the injector duty cycle (injectors are to small, I saw 126% on one stab of the throttle). I'll get some scans for you though. Anything in particular you would like to see, or just cruise, mid throttle, etc?

Congrats on getting the licenses. Feels good to not have to pay for individual licenses now, doesn't it? :) It's great to be able to give tunes to friends and family without worrying about the cost.

SS_bnoon_SS:

Regarding E85 on stock SS injectors... It would be sheer insanity to run over 4000rpm at WOT on that tune... Stock injectors are too small for gasoline on a stock SS, let alone E85 needing nearly 50% more injector. If you're just putting around town, that's fine, but I'd strongly suggest limiting the throttle angle in the tune to prevent yourself from accidentally mashing the throttle and leaning WAY out.

Edited by .justin. (see edit history)

SS_bnoon_SS:

Regarding E85 on stock SS injectors... It would be sheer insanity to run over 4000rpm at WOT on that tune... Stock injectors are too small for gasoline on a stock SS, let alone E85 needing nearly 50% more injector. If you're just putting around town, that's fine, but I'd strongly suggest limiting the throttle angle in the tune to prevent yourself from accidentally mashing the throttle and leaning WAY out.

Exactly. In my other posts I've said that I have not gone above 4500 RPM until I get the 42's in there. It only needs 30-35% more fuel though.

I'm planning to try to do an SSS and add the sensor in. From there I can work on a flex fuel file to make it all work and read that sensor.

It is nice Justin. I've had Tunercat for 96-07' trucks unlimited for quite a while, but it's nice to not have to worry if the damn thing is going to read or not. Tunercat is very buggy with my newer laptop. With the old Gateway it worked very well, but on my new laptop it has about a 60% success rate. Before the end of the year I'll be over 100 credits spent with HPT and at $50 per credit, ouch...

I'm planning to try to do an SSS and add the sensor in. From there I can work on a flex fuel file to make it all work and read that sensor.

It is nice Justin. I've had Tunercat for 96-07' trucks unlimited for quite a while, but it's nice to not have to worry if the damn thing is going to read or not. Tunercat is very buggy with my newer laptop. With the old Gateway it worked very well, but on my new laptop it has about a 60% success rate. Before the end of the year I'll be over 100 credits spent with HPT and at $50 per credit, ouch...

The cost definitely adds up... I just paid for my year's GM SPS subscription yesterday... $995 to program factory calibrations... Ugh.

The cost definitely adds up... I just paid for my year's GM SPS subscription yesterday... $995 to program factory calibrations... Ugh.

Fortunatly for me I have access to TIS 2000 for free from work. I update about every file I do that doesn't have the latest O.S.. It's very nice to have that option.