Moneys Gonna Be Tight...

Jaymz

I've been battling myself for a few weeks now, so I wanted to get some out side opinions.

I'm currently having a custom designed house built, which is due to be done in late july early august. I'm about $35,000-$40,000 over what I wanted to spend, and well over my monthly projected morgage. ( like to have alot of extra income... fun/retirement/medical etc)

I'll also be spending an additional 6 figure amount to start a 2nd business this late winter.

I'm starting to get a lil worried that maybe this SS is just something I really dont need?

I always seem to find ways to dump money in it.. and it just sits in the garage. I've MAYBE put 2,600 miles on it since i purchased it.

SO.... Should I play is safe, and sell it? what you guys think I could get for it?

or... Should I hang on to it, and tough it out?

If I did end up selling it, I want to get a cheap mid 90s corvette, or another Z28... there cheap/fun.

what yall think? would really appreciate the advice and comments

03 Awd SS

carshow004.jpg

Edited by D.J (see edit history)

I'd say keep it as long as you can afford it! Mine just sits too, but I know I'd kick myself if I got rid of it!!! You can always sell it later if the need comes. It's not like they are making these trucks anymore...

Hold onto it. All the work and energy you put into will go to waist and never be appreciated by anyone but you. Nothing worse then seeing something you poured your heart and soul into to see someone just destroy it.

never end up getting whats been put into it...

I mentioned this to somebody on the site the other day. Don't sell it unless it becomes REALLY necessary. Hopefully, it won't. Good luck with all you have going!

I tried to sell mine, even though I knew nobody would buy it. And I also knew there was no way Id ever get as much as I put into it back. Im just gonna keep it until I blow up the motor, then build up a 408 and turbocharge it probably. I can barely afford to put gas in it right now but I love my truck and I dont want to get rid of it.

If you're like me you're going to drop money into whatever you drive! Why start all over again? You probably have it pretty much like you want it, keep it and enjoy what you have! :chevy: I have struggled with the same questions you have, but when I sat down and did the math I just couldn't justify the money to change rides (knowing I would customize the next one also). I am keeping mine!!!! :D

I agree, you gotta hold onto it for now, and if money gets too tight in the future then maybe sell it as last resort. I'm building a new house too and money is real tight right now, but if I got rid of mine I know I would be kicking myself.

I don't know if you guys get that crazy feeling when you see other SS's on the road even though you own one, or you think they look cool on the road, even though you have one. That feeling is going to be ten times as worse when you DON'T have one. Think about if you saw one on the road and couldn't relate anymore. It might just be me but I stare at my truck when i walk away from it in the parking lot because....it's just a bad ass truck and they aren't that easy to come by. It might just be me but the guilt would be unbearable. :( So think about it, and for god sakes drive it more before gas gets higher :wtf:

I don't know if you guys get that crazy feeling when you see other SS's on the road even though you own one, or you think they look cool on the road, even though you have one. That feeling is going to be ten times as worse when you DON'T have one. Think about if you saw one on the road and couldn't relate anymore. It might just be me but I stare at my truck when i walk away from it in the parking lot because....it's just a bad ass truck and they aren't that easy to come by. It might just be me but the guilt would be unbearable. :( So think about it, and for god sakes drive it more before gas gets higher :wtf:

hahah I find myself sneaking to the garage every so often just to take a peek at her sitting there all pretty!!! So I know exactly what you are saying!!!