Got Gas Today

scooter3

thats why a new DD is my next investment.

I just got a 2000 Buick Regal GS - 29-mpg :driving:

...Then they say the price is due to short supply and high demand. What BS. :nonod:

It's just like the 70's OPEC problem, it's global demand that is high, especially China. The number of people globally that fight over oil has now doubled in the last few years. A lot of people don't get just how big an impact the developing East has on our economy at home, an example is Starbucks, when the Chinese allowed Starbucks franchises there were more Starbucks locations opened in China than in all of America in just 20 months. So no gas prices are not going to go down, it's here to stay. So are higher food and utilties and service prices.

Mr. P.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So no gas prices are not going to go down, it's here to stay. So are higher food and utilties and service prices.

Yeah, but not higher salaries. When they calculate inflation, they remove the "volatile" food and fuel prices. They've got us coming & going.

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)

Yeah, but not higher salaries. When they calculate inflation, they remove the "volatile" food and fuel prices. They've got us coming & going.

:withstupid:

"cost of living" raise isn't sufficient anymore

yep it sucks for sure. my dd gets 26 mpg so the truck only gets drove around town but I have fun when I drive it. You have to with a maggie under the hood. :jester: I'll probably only put 12K on the truck this year, but those will be happy miles

yep it sucks for sure. my dd gets 26 mpg so the truck only gets drove around town but I have fun when I drive it. You have to with a maggie under the hood. :jester: I'll probably only put 12K on the truck this year, but those will be happy miles

Since you have a DD you need to check into putting your truck on a "sunny day" insurance policy (tell them "it's a Corvette, with a bed" lol) and that can save you hundreds a year.

Mr. P.

So far ive only put around 2,500 miles on it this year :uhoh: .

"cost of living" raise isn't sufficient anymore

California Cost Of Living Ranking almost dead last at 49th, living in California is not exactly a cost effective venture.

Cali is way too high priced. $400,000- 500,000 for a 3 bedroom house, $2300 to RENT a 3 bd house!!! And we pay $4.50 a gallon? WTF those high prices should be paid where the cost of living is low....Like $100,000- $200,000 for a 3bd house low....We sholud pay $1 a gallon :jester:

it took only 6 years for gas to increase by nearly 3 dollars a gallon, while it stayed under 2 dollars a gallon for 70+ years.

I started driving when I was 16 which was way back in 1980 and a gallon of gas cost about .65. Up until about 7 years ago the most I think I was paying was about 1.70. Even at that I never thought gas would get this high. It is absolute BS that the price of gas has gone up that much in such a short time.