Just finished my Radix install

llord

You're right, the gauge is the first thing. If you are getting belt slippage though, I would be very surprised if you be able to tell on your gauge. The main place to tell it is the residue on the nose bracket. Clean it off, then start checking. Gatorback belts are a much better belt.

The Radix blower is not enough power for a chirp of the wheels, as you mentioned. Add in a torque converter and that will change, if that is what you're looking for. A cam can help you get there also.

You really need to start looking into doing things to protect your tranny. First thing is try to get one of the larger heat exchangers that mounts in the lower grille. You'll benefit from lower IATs, but will also get that thing from out in front of your tranny cooler. Second thing is get a bigger tranny cooler. Frankly, the stock one is a joke. B&M makes some good ones. **Don't forget the shift kit and servo change.**

Just suggestions.

Ben, excellent suggestions that I'm completplating. Is it possible to run intercooler HXs in series...ie plumb it to the lower intake grill then up to the Magnacharger supplied HX then to S/C? Seems to me that that would take considerable loading off the tranny HX.

The stock Radix heat exchanger sits directly in front of the transmission cooler. Just moving the heat exchanger to the lower opening is good, since it allows the transmission cooler to flow more air (in addition to getting cooler air). Just remember to add electric fan(s) to the heat exchanger since it will no longer benefit from the engine fan. But if you are going through the bother, why not upgrade the heat exchanger? Ben got the upgrade heat exchanger from Magnacharger, or you could use two stock heat exchangers in series, or just go crazy and add the JDM heat exchanger like I did. The space behind the lower grill opening is a bit tighter than you might think, but it does work. The electric fans do cool things down even quicker when you are stopped at a red light.

Here is what I did:

Intercooler Heat Exchanger Upgrade, Fun project for my Radix

That lower grill opening really does beg for something to be put there, doesn't it ? :D

HPIM0635.JPG

Before I went with the upgraded H/E from Magna, my idea was to run two H/Es in series, with one in the lower opening. Even already had the extra stock Radix H/E. Even still, the one I was keeping just behind the main grill was getting moved over to make room for a larger tranny cooler. I wanted faster cooling of the fluid for the s-chgr, but mainly wanted to get cooler temps in my tranny. Summer in FL was going to be a brutal test of both, so wanted to get done. As it turns out, both systems benefit greatly from the install.

Recommend one or the other. If you need an extra H/E, drop me a PM.

Archived