Upgrading Trans Cooler

Do you guys bypass the lines running into the radiator when you upgrade the trans cooler. Just run straight to the new bigger cooler? I would think bypassing the lines running throught the radiator would make it cooler than running them throught it & make installation a little easier. Would like to hear some opinions on this. Thanks Guys.

Do you guys bypass the lines running into the radiator when you upgrade the trans cooler. Just run straight to the new bigger cooler? I would think bypassing the lines running throught the radiator would make it cooler than running them throught it & make installation a little easier. Would like to hear some opinions on this. Thanks Guys.

yes you can but i wouldnt recommend it, if you have e fans and a low temp stat you have nothing to worry about :chevy:

yes you can but i wouldnt recommend it, if you have e fans and a low temp stat you have nothing to worry about :chevy:

I have the stock e-fans & stock temp stat. I'm thinking about going with a B&M Super Cooler & add a fan for the cooler it's self & put in a low temp stat. Just seems to me not running the lines through the radiator would make it cooler??

I have the stock e-fans & stock temp stat. I'm thinking about going with a B&M Super Cooler & add a fan for the cooler it's self & put in a low temp stat. Just seems to me not running the lines through the radiator would make it cooler??

Well let me put it like this, mine still runs throught the radiator, my coolant temps stay at 175-180 deg, my trans temps NEVER pass 150 deg, i have the Tru-Cool Max with dual 8" fans, but its your truck so. . . . . :cheers:

:withstupid: I have a Tru-Cool Max also, my trans temps don't break 115 when moving on the highway, and the highest they have gone is around 180......and that was being stuck stopped in traffic in 90 degree heat for more then 15 minutes.

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

:withstupid:
:withstupid: I have a Tru-Cool Max also, my trans temps don't break 115 when moving on the highway, and the highest they have gone is around 180......and that was being stuck stopped in traffic in 90 degree heat for more then 15 minutes.

Ive got the Tru-Cool 40 000 GVW tranny cooler in my truck as well. I ran it through the radiator for a month and was still having my temps hitting 210 with stock fan and thermostat. Last weekend i bypassed the rad cooler and plumbed it straight to the aftermarket cooler and the temps are perfect, just waiting to see what they hit when i pull my trailer. When winter hits i will install the external thermal bypass that opens at 180.

I'm happy with this setup so far. :D

Matt