Tires

I went with Cooper Discoverer HT Plus. I had a bit of initial regret as the new coopers just didn't have the same aggressive / sporty feel on dry pavement as the old bald goodyears. But after digging out one of the goodyears and looking at it again, heck, they were practically slicks. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised. After a full winter on the HT Plus...nothing but two thumbs up. I was surprised how little I felt I had to keep my foot out of the gas throughout the winter. AWD in the snow was tons of fun and these tires handled admirably. I will state, though, that I've never had a chance to drive another SSS w/ other tires in the winter.

Wrestler..............very good question.

I'm in MPLS and am in need of new skins too in the next month or two.

Don't have the luxury of being able to have winter & summer set ups on this one.

Wish I could though. I bet these AWD's would be awsome in the snow with a set of Blizzaks.

Has anyone tried these Goodyear Forteras?

tn_gallery_15388_337_224.jpg

Edited by F1fan (see edit history)

F1Fan,

:cheers: I put a set of the Fortera Triple Tread on my 04 and love them so far. Very good on wet pavement as well as snow. Only have about 8000 miles so I cant comment on how good they are for mileage. These had the #1 rating on Tire Rack

Well I will be putting some coopers on my truck next. I've had coopers in the past and absolutly loved them but theres not point in putting new tires on a truck that has good tires but I will definatly be needing some by winter time :). Cooper FTW IMO

I have 4 Pirelli Scorpion ATRs that will be mounted in the next week or two, I have heard nothing but good things about them. :chevy:

I have a friend with those tires on his truck. Good traction in rain/snow/ice and VERY good tread wear. I'll be getting a set for my winter wheels next season most likely.

I run the Nitto's on my Magnum and I love them for summer tires, but I've not run them in the winter.

I've not heard good reports on them from guys I know in mpls for hard core winter weather.

They say its a slippery tire.

My 03 SS came with a pretty new set of Michelin Tires LTX M/S P275/55R20 T-Speed Rated 111T. They are pricey but look pretty good and did well in what little weather I had to deal with since Feb.

One morninig on the way to work I didn't realize it was icy out until I was at a light and seen a 2 WD spinning all around a corner LOL

*Thinks* Damn. I need to rotate them suka's. Might be a good time to paint the calipers and hubs. *shooting for tomorrow* LOL

My plan is get some 22's Chrome with Nitto 420s for the summer and keep the painted stock 20's for the winter :chevy:

post-14942-1212820242_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tzer (see edit history)

Those Hankooks look sharp are they pricey and are they a good tire heard the name but I have never seen anyone with them on a vehicle around here.

Yeah I am planning on doing the same thing you are TZER but its going to be a cpl months before that happens