How Bout Some Long Tubes?

So i just bought my truck 5/10/08 and im geeked to get to under the hood and start the "go faster process" im thinkin im gonna start with the exhaust system..... im gonna go true duals and i like the way the flow-pro HD muffler sounds i just dunno what i want for some long tubes... any suggestions? i want long tubes, ceramic coating, a great sound, good looks, and most of all some bite to go with the bark. fill me in please!

depending on how much $ u have, i'd say pacesetter makes a decent set and are fairly cheap...dynatech, asm, stainless works...etc. are the more costly but premium headers

Your budget is everything, Many Pro's and Con's about bolt-on and welded-on applications, I got Da Pacesetter's $400 last weekend and they're great. For about $400-$450 intalled cant really beat it, but if money is not an issue, go with Dynatech $1,500 less problems I would imagine str8 Bolt-on, Your average gain will be around 25HP. :cheers:

but dont the dynojet collect into a Y pipe after the cats? thats what i dont want i am gonna do true duals and have it dump out right before the rear tires under the extended cab door and the front of the box. its obviously gonna be a custom job and im gonna do all my work and money is no object i love my new truck and i only wanna put the best in it and have it look and sound good and perform well as well. does anyone know if hooker makes a set for the vortec 6.0?

but dont the dynojet collect into a Y pipe after the cats? thats what i dont want i am gonna do true duals and have it dump out right before the rear tires under the extended cab door and the front of the box. its obviously gonna be a custom job and im gonna do all my work and money is no object i love my new truck and i only wanna put the best in it and have it look and sound good and perform well as well. does anyone know if hooker makes a set for the vortec 6.0?

Dynatechs DO NOT join into a Y pipe after the cats, they are true duals right to the end of the mid pipes. They are designed to bolt right up to the factory exhaust or any cat-back system. Hooker does not make a set for the 6.0 as far as I know. :chevy:

were are some of youi guys getting your pacesetters headers from?

what kind of price are you guys paying?

did you have to have a shop install them?

thanks, cesar

i got mine from my local exhaust shop for $400. i installed them myself, they are not hard at all to do