New Dd...

Well after a month of debating, I finally closed the deal today on a 2003 Mercury Marauder... black inside and out... loaded... 36k miles.

It has dual exhaust and x-pipe from the factory, but the previous owner installed some magnaflows and a KN filter... it is extremely quick... wow...

newMM03.jpg

First on the mods list... week 1...

• Tune
  • CAI
  • Limo Tint 5% all except windshield
  • HIDs
  • alarm w/remote start
  • complete service - synthetic fluids throughout
  • New wires / plugs
  • complete detail - exterior - interior - engine bay

week 2 and beyond - system, suspension, 410 gears, wheels, factory spoiler - murder that bitch out....

And chase and I are putting my spare n20 kit on it with a 75 shot....

I will be sure to post pics in this thread... i dont want to hoer up a chevy site with a damn ford product (mercury)

i wonder how much sh*t i will get running a sss.com sticker on it...LOL

Edited by usabodyguard (see edit history)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt post a price because i didnt want to hear... "You could have gotten a ___________ for that much"

but as long as no one tries to give me thier opinion, lol, i have no problem.

Paid private owner $16,500 (plus tax)

I got a great deal for this... they only made 11,052 marauders in all...

and FULL coverage insurance is only an extra $27 dollars a month added to the truck policy.

I always wanted a blacked out car, and this should be fun....

i love it!.

i thought it was bad ass when they came out, to me theres nothing cooler then a big boat with tons of power (not to mention that these would actualy handle well for a big modern car)... i had a lot of late 60's early 70's boats with huge big blocks when i was younger, they used to be cheap and easy to find in pristine condition. people did'nt pay much attention to them, but they were realy fast and comfy to, not to mention the wicked burnouts i would do :driving: i remember this one time i raced my friend 2000 GT convertible from a 20mph roll and smoked him in a 69 olds delta 88 with a rocket 455 4bbl! :devil:

keep us updated on the mods.. seems like a cool project. :thumbs:

see dvae now you get to learn what having two fun cars is all about. this is ecatly why ive slowed the mods for the truck .

but something i have learned and today made me realize it even more.

dont make it unreliable. this is sometimes hard to know when it cross's the line.

i instlaled a new exhaust on the camaro today. from head to tail pipe on the camaro ss. and i can say im a bit pissed off at chevy for making it such a bitch to work on, i ended up having to retap two of the header bolt holes on the head and it was a supreme pita. the headers werent all that hard but for the first time doing it it was and then getting everything to line up .

ill end my rant but take this from me stick to bolt on and appearance mods only.

but sick car, thanks for calling me up :jester: lol but i didnt get to check it out for ya . sorry on that got ectremely budy fristrated at work. and went to car/sand show today . i even weighed my truck but thats another story.

hit me up sometime foo.

chase... I didnt buy it from that one dealership... this is a private seller from down that way, but he met me in long beach today... I am going to pick up the car on tuesday, we had to sign all the paperwork for the credit union today, and the are overnighting a check to me on monday to have tuesday morning...

I will go down and pick it up Tuesday night... we should meet up after and go to BJ's with our girls... just a thought... hit me up.

Damn it... I already ordered mods online... sigh.... at least i only have two vehicles.... for now!

SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that Merc looks great im glad u went with the Marauder those a some of the best looking cars stock. yo Dave hit me up when u pick it up, we can run'em and see where it stands with a bolt-on SSS :D:chevy: . sick ass car congrats on the new buy.

-Rob