Street Scene Cal-vu Mirrors - Dual Signal

nobody has them? how about just posting if you like them or not? i like the factory mirrors, but they are kinda big. The streetscene mirrors keep all the factory options, except they don't fold in. Should i go with the dual signal or the normal single signal?

Sorry Holty I missed your first post, I have a set on my truck and I like them, I

wanted to get rid of the ear type mirrors,(I tried with no mirrors for a time, I had

blank covers and it looked good made the big ass truck look alots smaller, but driving was a b***h)

Go to the Garage and check them out there, if you need more pics let me know

also being a small mirror I have no problem driving with them, if you pull a trailer alot then it

may be a problem

let me know if you need any more info

Edited by shakesvho (see edit history)

Sorry Holty I missed your first post, I have a set on my truck and I like them, I

wanted to get rid of the ear type mirrors,(I tried with no mirrors for a time, I had

blank covers and it looked good made the big ass truck look alots smaller, but driving was a b***h)

Go to the Garage and check them out there, if you nedd more pics let me know

also being a small mirror I have no problem driving with them, if you pull a trailer alot then it

may be a problem

let me know if you need any more info

hey man, thanks for the reply and i'm glad to hear you like them. i'm gonna check out your garage right now, but do you have any pics of them from directly behind and directly in front of the truck? i'd like to get an idea of really how far they stick out. THANKS

I saw an older Silverado 454 SS yesterday that had similar mirrors on it. They really make a startling impression, since they are so much smaller than the stock mirrors. They did look good, it would just take me some getting used to. My personal preference is for the bigger mirrors, not for the looks, but for the use. When I drive my wife's car, the mirrors seem so damn small when I use them. Like I said, your choice does look good.

If your going to do it then I say go with the single signal ones. I've seen similar mirrors on other silverados and they look pretty good overall. Personally I like the stock mirrors with the folding option, comes in handy in tighter spots.

thosre are nice looking mirrors, but i'm beginning to see why some people say they are too small for ext'd cabs. They looks sick as hell on reg. cabs and s-10's though. I think i might have to go with the bed rug though unless you (shakesvho) can convince me with some better pictures. LOL I'm kinda bummed cause i've really been wanting these mirrors. maybe its just the pictures though? maybe they look more porportional in person?

i thought about that, but i'm not sure it would look right with it being part smoothed and part textured. I saw that the one guy on here with the blue'd out SS had done it and it looked good but i'm just not feeling it. ho hum....

the truck is in the body shop pulled apart for repaint and a 06 front end, so I can't

get any pics right now, myself I like to have NO ext mirrors but I tried it and its

a B***h to drive around, so I was looking for a small set, I just think when

you lower, take the molding off and try to slim down a big ass truck and have a set of ear mirrors

on it just don't look right, but to each its own its what you like

I can tell you as far as driving with them its fine no problems at all, if you are into towing a lot

I say stay with your OEMs

as stated painting the OEM will pull them into the body more.

need anything more just ask

here is a old pic from the front

TruckF.jpg

this is how it looks right now, sold the front end

Truck_F_Off.jpg

Edited by shakesvho (see edit history)

i thought about that, but i'm not sure it would look right with it being part smoothed and part textured. I saw that the one guy on here with the blue'd out SS had done it and it looked good but i'm just not feeling it. ho hum....

A bodyshop can smooth out the texture.