3200 Stall, Some Normal Driving And A Few Quick Blasts

how much RPM drop do you get on your new converter? what RPM are you shifting at? do you have a 10.5" or 9.5"?

This is the TT3000 Yank, which is a 10.5 "stock type" converter. I had it restalled to 3200 when it was cut open to be cleaned.

1-2 shift at 6200

2-3 at 5900 if I remember right

RPM drop I'm not exactly sure, never measured it. I know Yank says something like 1900 RPM if I remember correctly, but I guess we'll see for sure on my next vid! :cheers:

This is the TT3000 Yank, which is a 10.5 "stock type" converter. I had it restalled to 3200 when it was cut open to be cleaned.

1-2 shift at 6200

2-3 at 5900 if I remember right

RPM drop I'm not exactly sure, never measured it. I know Yank says something like 1900 RPM if I remember correctly, but I guess we'll see for sure on my next vid! :cheers:

yeah sounds about right mine drops 1900 rpms too

very nice im not use to see an SSS go WOT in first and not chirp second gear, lucky awd guys.

offtopic: wat did u use to mount ur camara??? i've been wanting to mount my camara and just leave it up incase i get a kill or two :fingersx: ...

-Rob

i coulda lived without the first 3 and a half minutes lol

nice mod

I did the first 3.5 minutes to show how a 3000 (3200) TT series Yank will handle daily driving without much trouble at all. A lot of topics have come up with people thinking a 3000 just won't work for DD and it's just not true. Now the ST series Yank is looser at low throttle settings and would make a lot more trouble for someone not willing to put up with low speed "herky jerky".

very nice im not use to see an SSS go WOT in first and not chirp second gear, lucky awd guys.

offtopic: wat did u use to mount ur camara??? i've been wanting to mount my camara and just leave it up incase i get a kill or two :fingersx: ...

-Rob

It's a normal tri-pod. 2 legs down to the floor, one up on the seat. Strapped down with the center seatbelt on the rear leg, and with a small ratchet strap down to the bottom of the front seats. It's really solid!

I haven't watched the vid yet, but do you get any tire spin yet on launch?

Not with the new 295's on there. My old 275's spun just a bit on a flat/straight launch. They were not only narrower, but the were shorter as well in the 275/45/20 size. So that was "cheating" and I don't count it. :uhoh:

EDIT: Also, just to mention to 12'srock, I didn't forget about the vid. I went to get the gauge closeup this morning and the camera batteries died. I should have it shot this weekend though. :thumbsup:

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

It's a normal tri-pod. 2 legs down to the floor, one up on the seat. Strapped down with the center seatbelt on the rear leg, and with a small ratchet strap down to the bottom of the front seats. It's really solid!

im gonna have to mount one back there and take a couple vids.

-Rob

So, i've got CAI, exhaust and a PCM tune. That's it. I don't want to get into to much, but i'm looking for some gains i can do myself. Anyone have suggestions about whether this is a good next step? Sounds like fun. I love my wifes TBSS stall. Could be a hell of alot of fun or the SSS.