Home Remedies

cwest94

Since the weather has been so nice around here, I've spent the last few days outside enjoying the nice weather and getting a ton of yard work done. In the process I've gotten sun burned pretty badly all over my back and shoulders, which got me to thinking about home Remedies.

So, does anyone have any good ones that you would like to share? They can be for anything. :P

Not really a "home" remedy, but the best remedy I have for a sunburn, came from a friend of ours that works in the dermatology field..... :cheers: .........After floating down the river for 4 hrs last year, a buddy and I ended up with some serious sun-burns.......Tried all of the usual stuff....aloe vera etc. etc. and nothing helped. Called Crystal up and she recommended a lotion called....."Sarna"....available at most drug stores. It's rather expensive at $15 a bottle, but it provides instant relief. Aloe tends to plug your pores, whereas Sarna opens them and allows the heat to "escape" your skin...........Awesome stuff IMO............... :D

Edited by GetWithIt (see edit history)

Wow, samething happend to me, we just purchased some land and spent all weekend cleaning it up. I just let it take it's natural course lol. But i wasnt burend bad. We'll be out thier this weekend too and ill make sure to pick me up some "Sarna".

A few things you can do....I used to lifeguard so I've had some pretty bad burns.

Aloe does dry your skin however you can go straight to the source and get an actual aloe plant. You could also crack open a coconut and use the milk (kinda chalky); if none around you can use coco butter. Stay away from warm water, drink plenty of water and try and soak a bit when you can, constantly re-apply whatever your using. Either way you want it to peel quick. If its that bad maybe two or three days then take frequent showers scrub down etc. Oh yeah with the Aloe plant you slice it in half vertically and rub it on.

Try and stay away from the sun because it will just make it much worse if your burned. And next time lather up the sunscreen....

Just go back out there and burn til your skin peels off, then youre set for summer. No more wasting money on sunscreen. Thats what I do, Ill let you know how much skin cancer sucks in a few years

lol.

I have an aloe plant actually like 4 of them, do i just cut them open and apply? if i put them in the fridge will they work better then when at room temp? just curious.