Traction Bars

1 Fast SS

I've been to trying plant my power to the ground alittle better lately by looking for some traction bars. The truck just smokes the tires on every launch, even off idle. All I can find are these types, but I can't find anything specific for our trucks. Does anyone know if these would fit our trucks? I have the resourses to make my own, and even thought about making some type of 4 link set up, but that would take to long. So I was wondering if anyone has installed any. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Terry

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.as...p;y=14&x=39

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...m=traction+bars

yes i installed cal tracs on mine, they have a specific kit for our truck and could be made at a fraction of the cost . i got a good deal on mine so i jumped. now to see how they help on an awd .

chase did thoes just bolt right up? how hard was install?

yes they bolt up , i had to use the lower hole in my drop hangers though. they werent the finnest install ive tackled.

the hardest part was removing the stock bushings in the leafs. ill just say if you do it. use an air hammer and a press.

I thought that maybe I could build my own, but the brackets and ball joints look alittle tough to build. Well at least I now what to get now, but got to saving up for my stall and shift kit first.

Yeah some cal trac would do great!

Hey Terry any updates on the new times with the cam?

No, not yet. Everytime they have midnight madness it starts at 9:00pm and goes until 1:00am on Fridays only. The first round usually starts close to 10:00 and depending on the line, you can only get one run in. It really blows, cause when they do have it, I have to work the next day. I have to be at work at 5:00am. Ever since they changed it, they have been having test n tune, but it's for bracket racing. I guess one day I'll get out there and give it a shot. I'm curious as to well it will do, and so is Frank. He'll be there with me checking the tune in the first run in the truck with me. I'm hoping to pull off a 13.9, which about a 13.2 at sea level.

Chase, I have a couple of questions.

1. The bracket on my truck next to the leaf spring on the frame (which is an 06') looks like its in a different location than yours. I plan on making my own Cal tracs, but I'm wondering if the bracket will still slide up between the O.E.M. bracket? I looked this up on the internet and found this on how to make your own Cal tracs. http://www.whitesperformance.net/Cal%20Trac.htm

2. What is that Hot Chix bar next to the shock do? Is it a sway bar?

Here some pics of under my truck with the bracket on the frame.

DSC00631.jpg

DSC00630-1.jpg

DSC00628.jpg

Terry

yes it is a sway bar. also i have drop hangers so thats why they appear different, if you end up orderering a cal trac kit youll need to specify stock suspension, its just a different bar i beleive. but it will still work just the same.