2/2 Drop Parts

I only have about 40k on my truck. The stock shocks should be fine. is there a specific part number for the shackles?

Is this the right shackle?

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...mp;autoview=sku

Is this the correct spindle?

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...mp;autoview=sku

Also is there a difference between the Hotchkis sway bars and the belltech sway bars? Thanks for the help.

Edited by silverss05 (see edit history)

Today I went to get a price quote on lowering my truck with the spindles and shackles. I was quoted 750 to do the spindles and shanckles and quoted 450 to do keys and shackles. The guy was trying to tell me that its the samething without the spending money on the spindles. Is this bad? Also is that a pretty high price quote for the spindles and shackles and labor?

What brand?

This is a rough estimate.

Belltech spindels- 240

Shackle- 50

so around 300 bucks for parts. It takes about 2-3 hours so he is charging you quiet a bit IMO. 450 for labor.

Do spindels you will regret going the torsion key route IMO.

Edited by NTMD8R_SS (see edit history)

I thought that 750 was kinda high. I brought in some print out of the parts from summit racing and he was telling me that it takes a lot more time and labor to put the spindles on. I just don't think that he liked that I went into the shop knowing what I wanted to put on the truck.

Is buying the Belltech parts sperate better than buying the Mcgaughy's deluxe kit?

Edited by silverss05 (see edit history)

I thought that 750 was kinda high. I brought in some print out of the parts from summit racing and he was telling me that it takes a lot more time and labor to put the spindles on. I just don't think that he liked that I went into the shop knowing what I wanted to put on the truck.

Is buying the Belltech parts sperate better than buying the Mcgaughy's deluxe kit?

Probly the same. Both make good quality parts.

WHOA! He's ripping you off. I had the parts and the shop I had install spindles and shackles charged me $180.00 then it was like $56.51 for an alignment.

I got the shackles at the local auto parts for $59.17 and got lucky and got some used drop spindles for $100.00 in the for sale section.

Shop around for a mech or do it yourself :) For what I paid I figured, Hell I'll drop it off before work and pick it up after. I would of loved to have done it myself but I'm sure I'd get into a bind for not having the right tool on hand.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

I've done extensive research on both brands, yes I know, I'm very anal but I figure if I do the research I'll get the right stuff the first time and not be replacing parts a little down the line. Anyhow, the Belltech is a better choice, IMHO. While the Mcgaughy spindle is a good part there have been some fitment issues when upgrading the braking systems, do a search on here and you will see more than one post. The Belltech is also a very good quality part and are just plug and play, no fitment issues whatsoever. The MSRP on the Belltech's are about $350.00ish but can be gotten for less all over the place.

Me personally, I went with the Belltech 2/2 drop, 5405 Sway Bar Set and Street Performer shocks. I believe they have been around the longest and I know they have excellent customer service. No, I have not yet installed my stuff, as a matter of fact I'm waiting on the Big Brown Truck to deliver it to me.

Thanks for all the input guys. I found a shop near me that wanted to do the job for 750 also but I talked him down to 550 out the door with him getting the Belltech parts so I am happy about that. Next is new tires then maybe sway bars.