Sierra Denali .... 6.2l .... Awd ... Whats The Verdict?

Big O

If the payment really scares you that much, I am sure you are aware you would fetch more for the TBSS if you sold it outright unless you have to roll over a balance and dont want to cover it out of pocket. Also, I have seen a couple of the Denali trucks going $30-32k on ebay with less than 15-20k miles on them. Maybe you might want to get used instead. And with the new power train warranty thats transferrable, the issues of a used vehicle that used to be had are non-existent now. Its alot easier to haggle down a used truck than new that they will sit on until the manufacturer tells them to lower the price and dump it. I agree though that the price will come down by the end of the summer if gas keeps hiking. However, trucks do tend to move faster near fall in alot of areas due to the winter weather approaching.

Either way, the new magnuson TVS1900 was just released for the 6.2L...can you say mid 12's ride? The Denali is my next truck for sure.

thats a tough choice man, i love the new denalis and with the 6sp auto with paddle shifting they are bad ass, but diesels are also sick too. i would probably say go crew cab diesel, it will last way longer, plus you'll be able to get way more power out of it with basic mods than with the denali. just my .02

The tough part about that is .... the Denali's are sitting ... they can't keep them on the ground. Fuel scare kills me on the TBSS as well, no trade in value. I in no way NEED to trade, the TBSS runs perfect and looks amazing ... I would love to jump back into a truck.

TBSS sticker was 41 and change. Denali is 43 and change ... purchase price will be within a thousand dollars of each other ... and my payment will jump up 200 bucks. Depreciation is a bitch.

sell the tbss outright and look for a used denali the price would be much less on a used one. i will never buy new again, vehicles depreciate way to much in the first year. i got my wife a used infinity fx 35 that was 1.5 years old with 21k miles. for $15k less than a new one. it still has the remainder of the factory waranty. i would not have been able to afford the car if i had to buy it new!

Then you have to work the interest rates .... depreciation is as bad if you aren't paying interest. Most of the time I can get a new ride cheaper (in the long run) than used. Sometimes you are exactly correct though ... especially in the escalades and such.

0% vs 5% .... adds another year to the loan in this case. If I go 0% 60 months and lose the $2000 rebate the payment will be the same as 72 months at 5%. 72 months is too easy to get upside down in. The banks around me are pushing 7% and higher.

This dealership has a used Denali ... 2006 .... and they are bottomed out at 29,999. for another 5k I can get brand new and the 6.2l.

Damn all the choices.

Thats high for a 2006 denali. I've seen them going for $25k. There was a white 2007 denali for $31k on ebay. $4k makes a huge difference in payments. You are right about the interest though. If its 0% on the new one at $35k and 5-6% on $31k on the used one, the payments will end up almost identical.

My advice to anyone buying a vehicle (especially a large truck/suv with a larger disp engine and bad mpg) I Would say you need to ABSOLUTLEY get them to the LOWEST DOLLAR POSSIBLE. If you dont buy the vehicle, nobody will, throw the dealer that one. You are the one buying the vehicle, so pay what you want to pay.

I test drove a black one when they first came out and was 2 seconds away from trading in the sss but i bought my house instead. The speed and power is there, along with all the luxury of an escalade. I just wish they werent all 4 door applications, but id say go for it if your looking for a new kickass truck.