Seepage.. Danny?

Bonj87

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it was JUST done saturday.. i paid a shop to replace that gasket..

WTF.. there's a couple bolts you cant get to unless you drop the drive shaft. im not doing that work, my back JUST got better, and i paid good money for that so i wouldnt hurt myself again.

No it should not be making so much as even a threat of a drip; whoever did that gasket job does not know what they are doing. The secret is to use the least amount of torque possible, tighten all bolts evenly until the gasket and pan have just contacted the transmission, then go to 5-7 foot-lbs and you're done.

Mr. P.

this is making me SICK.. i cant take it back to FLT, its under warranty, but they arent gonna fix that.. not unless i take the tranny out, bring it to them.. but how do i do that with no tranny in the truck!!?

bahh!!!!

Wait a minute, that's a leaky pan gasket on a FLT transmission?! I thought they dyno-tested their transmissions???

Danny is at the track tonight so I dunno when he will get back on here but I would think the answert o that question is No Mike it shouldnt be doing that.

And yes I was trying to break JB's GTO...didnt happen but I might have bent the shifter LOL.

If it was the pan gasket there wouldnt be that much fluid on the rubber boot on the shifter cable. Maybe they overfilled it and one of the vent hoses came off, but it still looks like the pan gasket is leaking. Check the fliud level... Was it leaking before you got it replaced, or was there another reason???? Id still take it back to whoever did it they have to fix it for free, take it back asap. And get DEX VI put it next time