Few Paint Pics....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great so far ! Good luck with the rest :cheers:

Just curious.. why 6 coats of clear? Plan on cuttin/buffin 2-3 times within first year?

yea very good question... my painter wants to take this truck and make brochures, etc... and then take it to the DUB show here in socal next time... so he insisted.... whatever... i gave him the keys and told him to make it look sick, period. It has been there for a month already.

also, my insurance company paid for half of it because someone backed into the tail gate and rollpan (i have blanket policy for 60k, so they dont ask questions) the rest he is doing out of his own pocket... i had to buy all of the OEM parts for the front end... lights, grills, oem bumper/ducts/brackets, etc...

once the paint and body is done, it goes straight to suspension - belltech sponsored -

3" - 4" drop

spindles

hangers/shackles

torsion keys

front and rear sway bars are already on (belltech)

4 street scene shocks

Caltracs (sponsor)

and then the new wheels will go on (forged one off 22"x10"s - 2piece)

and then back to coast driveline and gear (sponsor) for a new rear end (posi) to go along with their built driveline, and the built 4l80...

and then new motor and SC in August... along with all new gauges - autometer/aeroforce... and most likely a whole new interior... sigh...

and then I will get to stare at it and drive it once a month... woo hoo... wtf did i get myself into... sheesh...

looks awesome man. just so happens your on this months page of the calender lol. cant wait to see the finished product. i wanna repaint mine black pearl but i cant afford it. maybe ill become a bodyguard! actually i was lookin at your school, looks pretty sick.

Dude, that paint is drippin wet!!! it is going to look even more AMAZING after being waxed. I would love to get my hands on that paint.

waxed??? wait till they block the entire car - wet sand - and then buff each section with imported baby seal fur... LOL... ok maybe not seal fur, but you get the drift... should look nice.

waxed??? wait till they block the entire car - wet sand - and then buff each section with imported baby seal fur... LOL... ok maybe not seal fur, but you get the drift... should look nice.

YEAH WAX. after you buff each section with your "seal fur" a nice coat of quality wax/sealant will be needed.

i heard bald eagle egg whites also help the paint :jester: