Racing To Work

zippy

It was a proud moment this morning. I've raced this same guy a few times and always had decent success in running with him considering that I'm chasing him with a truck and he's in a purpose built sports car. Now that I have the cam in the truck I have finally overcome the weight to power ratio and areodynamic difference. I can now catch him with giving him the jump and even better from 80-130 (we went at it twice and this was the best run) I can pull on him with giving him the jump once again.

It was a proud moment this morning. I've raced this same guy a few times and always had decent success in running with him considering that I'm chasing him with a truck and he's in a purpose built sports car. Now that I have the cam in the truck I have finally overcome the weight to power ratio and areodynamic difference. I can now catch him with giving him the jump and even better from 80-130 (we went at it twice and this was the best run) I can pull on him with giving him the jump once again.

nice! when you going to take here to the track for the updated results?

Edited by 12'SROCK (see edit history)

The cam is:

222º/224º .566"/.568" 112LSA

Shift points so far are set to 6400/6300/5700.

Next track outing should be the Zippy Event next month. Come fall though I really expect to run a mid 13 range with it. Headers should be next as well as a shift kit soon. I wish I could work on it more often, but time is an issue. Lately it's like I've been the target of the PM race. I can't keep up with the PM's, E-mails, and phone calls... :banghead:

The cam is:

222º/224º .566"/.568" 112LSA

Shift points so far are set to 6400/6300/5700.

Next track outing should be the Zippy Event next month. Come fall though I really expect to run a mid 13 range with it. Headers should be next as well as a shift kit soon. I wish I could work on it more often, but time is an issue. Lately it's like I've been the target of the PM race. I can't keep up with the PM's, E-mails, and phone calls... :banghead:

:cheers: well i hope to see the results and good luck with the Event

• 4 weeks later...

One of my buddies will be selling this same cam used here soon if you're interested. In a 6.0L it's a torque maker. I'm going to be posting my pic's later of my Detroit Locker test last night. My Bed Rug still smells like burnt rubber. :jester: