Turtlewax Ice

So after contimplating the new TurtleWax Ice products for awhile, this morning I finally went and bought them.

I bought the Ice car shampoo....it works awsome. It's designed to prevent water spots and condition the paint. Then I used the Ice liquid clay...very impressed. It took out alot of my swirl marks and bug guts. The paint feels like glass. Then I washed it again and dried it. Then I put on the liquid polish, very shiney :thumbs: The Ice liiquid polish is great. It's made to bring out that deep wet look to the paint. Also, you can put it on when the truck has been sitting out in the sun all day and his hotter than shit, no streaks, goes on clear. None of that chalky residue. I haven't used the quick spray detail yet or the interior, but I'll let you know how that goes. I am very impressed with the products so far.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be sure to put a top coat of a quality wax on the ICE polish.

A polish is a prep before the wax step and not intended to provide any paint protection.

Actually, this stuff is designed to block out UV that damages the paint. I guess you could say it's a polish/wax combo.

I am not a Turtle wax fan, but they have come a long way from the old paste wax in the tin can I used when I was younger. Even though it may say it is a polish/wax combo it is always best to put a "wax" top coat on as F1fan said. Get those pics up when done. :cheers:

It may look good the first day, but it will not last a couple of washes. Next time, don't waste your money on ANY wax that can be found over the counter. IMO, it is all junk. The durability sucks. The only product that I would buy at local auto stores is Duragloss. I don't mean to criticise, I just hate to see people wasting money and time. Next time you buy wax or polish, check out these sites.

www.danase.com

www.autogeek.com

The ClearKote products kick ass. Especially the Red Moose Glaze, topped with Moose Carnuaba wax. This combo should give you atleast 3 months of protection.

Be sure to put a top coat of a quality wax on the ICE polish.

A polish is a prep before the wax step and not intended to provide any paint protection.

A true polish is meant to be used with a machine to remove swirls and scratches. It basically has no other use.

A true polish is meant to be used with a machine to remove swirls and scratches. It basically has no other use.

I guess thats one opinion.

However a polish can certainly be applied by hand with excellant results. My 45 customers are always impressed.

Yes, the job of a polish is designed to mask and remove surface blemishes and that my friend is the base prep for a good carnuba wax.

The two processes working together deliver an awesome finish.

IMHO. And this is from over 30 years car/truck ownership 6 years selling polishes and waxes to dealerships.

i use the following products, twice a year i take my truck to my Buddy's detail shop www.evolutionvalet.com for full clay bar, machine polish and wax,

the rest of the year i use

Mothers or Maguires Clay Bar (Yellow) when necessary usually before the big shows ( i like a shiny truck)

I use Mothers California Gold Car Wash (2 bucket method with grit guards Handy having a Buddy who's a detailer I've learnt lots from him, even if he is a ford guy )

then i use a leaf blower and towels to dry the truck off and then onto the next stages

California Gold Pre-Wax Cleaner–Step 1

California Gold Sealer & Glaze–Step 2

California Gold Pure Carnauba Wax–Step 3( I prefer hard wax in round tin)

but if I'm short on time i will use the liquid version or maguires Gold Class)

To buff up after a journey i use California Gold Showtime Instant Detailer

I know its starting to sound like a ad for mothers, but i feel they are the best value for money around.

i use babywipes on my leather at least once a week and use a leather cleaner and feed once a month.

for glass i find a cheap supermarket (mall brand) ideal quick on/off and always use fresh paper toweling then Rain-ex.

for Wheels it's Mothers or Maguires chrome cleaner, and same with tire dressing, Maguires hot wheels is becoming a favorite fairley long lasting.

for plastic there's a product over here called Dash Dandy (its a silicone based spray, so use sparingly and not near paint shops) spray a small amount onto a microfibre towel and wipe over.

i have a different microfibre towel for each product, and a lambswool mitten for washing.

for carpets i use shake and vac dont know if you can buy it over there USA but a small amount goes a long way and smells nice..

i can spend a whole weekend on detailing my truck, OH and between details i use showtime to keep her shiny between and always carry a tub of bird and tar wipes for when i get birds leaving messages...

Sorry for the long post, i get carried away when it comes to keeping my cars and truck clean

eamonn