06 Silverado Ss Mufflers?

KeithW

hey you guy, this is my fist day on the forum and i had some questions if you do not mind answering. i just got a new silverado ss last week, it is my first. well there is a nasty exhaust leak in the muffler. i could just weld it shut but i was thinking about getting a new muffler, maybe something louder. any suggestions?

I guess my suggestion would be to run true duals after the cats with either a magnaflow dual in dual out muffler or the flowmaster super 44s sound decent, loud but decent. All depends on how loud you want to go though. I have long tubes with no cats and the magnaflow dual in dual out and I love it. loud enough but not too loud.

Welcome to the site by the way. There is alot of usefull information here. the search button on the toolbar is decent. i always use that before i ask too many questions.

Edited by kweber (see edit history)

I have flowmaster 40 series (i think) it's not to loud, actually sounds good when crusing but when you step on it has a nice tone to it, oh also it's dumped, surprisingly very little drone. Oh yeah welcome to the site.

Has anyone tried or heard anything about the Corsa mufflers not the exhaust system but just the mufflers for sale on Jegs??

per their webs site the DB mufflers are made for ford mustangs and i believe they are different in sound too compared to the typical cat backs

K thanks for the help i guess its either full corsa or a magnaflow

i love the sound of my custom magnaflow setup! give it some time before corsa makes a universal muffler, cause as of now they only for specific models per their web site

• 1 year later...
Welcome to the sight. Magnaflow muffler here with turn downs. Nice sound to it. Here is a clip if you want to check it out.

holey shift kit bat man!!! i thought my Lincoln shafted hard but damm and it would almost bark 3rd gear 2nd would throw you sideways.

BTW exhaust sounds good.

Edited by blue-03-SS (see edit history)

I have had 6 mufflers on my truck and I loved the sound of the flowmaster but I had the 40 series and have headers and cats at the time. The flowmaster 40 series have a drone that drives me nuts. Took off the cats had a flow sound race muffler and a two chambered flow sound. These are pop off's of a flowmaster.

With the cats off it was way too loud and racked off like glass packs when you were at 1/2 throttle and pedal to the metal. The drone gave me a headache. Found a thunderbolt on the web 18inch body stainless steel which is a pop off of the magnaflow. They make one even longer(wish I got that one). Very deep sound , it got louder after a week. Has a drone but I can live with it. It has a short rpm range with the drone. Highway 60 and above just deep sound. Wot , well with headers and supercharged, You can hear me far away.

Not raspy , I really like it. Flowmaster have a very good sound. I know some guys like it but on a trip the drone is a killer.