Can't get spindles alone anymore

rico750sxi

Last I knew the spindles were running $250 for the pair. I will let you know how everything goes when I get to try it. Still too cold around here( not a word Ben!!!) to do it now. They said the stock shocks will work fine. I have the GF ones on now so I think I'm keeping those out back. I'll put the stock ones back on the front because the GF ones are at least 1.5" shorter. With doing just the spindle I'll need the stock stroke again.

Zippy how hard would it be to do the rear with the bed in place? I don't want to take the bed off.

It's doable with the bed on, but it's a lot easier with the bed off. Getting the rivets off is the hardest part. have to use a grinder or a torch, grinder is safer.

So if i have a grinder, torch and air tools its not a problem to do it with the bed on?

Hi All I just got my drop kit last night and have it the back of the truck right now. Man it weighs a ton. Bought the whole kit for 385.00 and am looking into having a dealer install it. I bought the truck from a dealer here in north Dallas and as part of the deal I wanted a reduced rate on the install of my drop kit. :cool:

We will see what they come uo with.

The standard shocks are ok to use front and rear according to the guys at

Mcgauphys (sp)

I will post pictures of before and after to see the whole picture ;)

My only issue is the tire width I am on 305 50 20 and they seem to be flush with the fenders so if the drop fouls them any one want some part worn tires?...

My kit came today, everything looks nice and got a free tee shirt!! Now the bad, directions are a little skimpy, not much detail. Looks like I'll be using the Street Truck article to help me out. I'll keep everyone posted when I start the install.

Hey I never got a friggin T-shirt :fume:

Mine is in the shop today having the install done Cant wait to see the finnished product.

The store doing it has an '03 sub. with the Mcgahyieouhyies kit and it looks sweet.

Will take photos and post them later

Cheers

ssblackss

I've lowered my last two chevys one in my drive way the other in my shop. First time did the job with no air tools and ground the heads off the rivets with a grinder and punched them through. Second time used a torch and of course it took a lot less time but the other is still doable. If you use an air chissel use a cut off wheel in a die grinder to cut grooves in the head of the riviet so it breaks off small pieces and isnt trying to break the whole head at once. As far as getting the front end apart with out destroying the ball joint patience is a virtue. On my 01 they were almost impossible to break free with conventional methods and finaly they loosend by hitting the sides with a "BIG" hammer with the nut loosend up but still on. Also make note that when doing the hangers in the rear the gas tank is easily slid over towards the center with out droping it completly from the truck. :smash:

Archived