Smallest Wheel You Can Fit With Baer Alumasports

the 20s didn't have much clearance but i wanted to ask the experts. i lost 4/10ths at least in the 1/8th at the track last night with the 22s. so i'm thinking setting up a set of track wheels and DRs

Justin i dont think DR's will solve your problem.....Your AWD...IMO your not going to loose almost 1/2 second on wheels 2"'s bigger alone thats alot IMO......I went from stock 20's to 22's and ran virtually identical times...no where near almost 1/2 second off....BUT if your that worried i'd look into the light weight set up other AWD owners have used.......but IMO the conditions probably hurt you more than anything else...

18s will fit with the alumasports. just finding a set that will fit is sometimes harder, i know the centerlines adam had fit without issue. my current ones took a little shaving off the caliper as well as the bottom bolt on the spindle or knuckle.

CalSpeedwayJune132008586.jpg

Justin i dont think DR's will solve your problem.....Your AWD...IMO your not going to loose almost 1/2 second on wheels 2"'s bigger alone thats alot IMO......I went from stock 20's to 22's and ran virtually identical times...no where near almost 1/2 second off....BUT if your that worried i'd look into the light weight set up other AWD owners have used.......but IMO the conditions probably hurt you more than anything else...

i know i'm awd but that was pretty much the wheels are biggest change i've made since the last time i was at the track except for the fans and virgil tuning it for the bottle which still isn't wired up yet. his tune actually woke the truck up a lot over my previous tune. but that was what i was looking at doing was trying to a get a lighter weight setup for the track.

18s will fit with the alumasports. just finding a set that will fit is sometimes harder, i know the centerlines adam had fit without issue. my current ones took a little shaving off the caliper as well as the bottom bolt on the spindle or knuckle.

CalSpeedwayJune132008586.jpg

what wheels did adam have?

Edited by ss wrecker (see edit history)

i know i'm awd but that was pretty much the wheels are biggest change i've made since the last time i was at the track except for the fans and virgil tuning it for the bottle which still isn't wired up yet. his tune actually woke the truck up a lot over my previous tune. but that was what i was looking at doing was trying to a get a lighter weight setup for the track.

I understand that..I read it as you were blaming the new wheel size for the almost 1/2 second drop in E.T.....IMO it was probably the conditions outside Justin that hurt ya...its the middle of summer you wont be setting any records until cooler weather so i wouldnt put too much thought into it...thats why I havent re ran my truck yet with the new cam and all...it wouldnt do me any good to run a blower in 95+ heat and expect great times....but by all means get a lighter wheel set up..i have debated putting on 17's at the track myself..

thanks brad yeah i know the weather probably affected(spelling) it but it was about the the same temp as the last time i went to the track last month so who knows. but at least i can say i beat a cummins last night

wheels caused me to loose 0.3 at the track. I tesed my 22's against my stock 20's and there was a difference. Not only the 22" rims weigh more, so do the tires plus my 22's were further away from the hub. Having to use 20's to run at the track is one reason why I haven't upgraded my brakes. I do plan to get some centerline rims though so maybe big brakes are in my future after all :cheers:

wheels caused me to loose 0.3 at the track. I tesed my 22's against my stock 20's and there was a difference. Not only the 22" rims weigh more, so do the tires plus my 22's were further away from the hub. Having to use 20's to run at the track is one reason why I haven't upgraded my brakes. I do plan to get some centerline rims though so maybe big brakes are in my future after all :cheers:

maybe brands make a difference? Because i honestly ssaw no time difference whe i switched to 22's from my stockers? and Justin was running aftermarket 20's with big tires to begin with so IMO they should be damn near the same

it's all about weight and where the weight is at. The further away from the axle the harder to turn those wheels. I did weight reduction at the track and got my 12.77. The difference from my 13.18 was removed the tailgate, spare, back seat and less gas in the tank. I ran my 22 and 20 runs at the same track in the same conditions. The thing with my 22's are they are super heavy.

maybe brands make a difference? Because i honestly ssaw no time difference whe i switched to 22's from my stockers? and Justin was running aftermarket 20's with big tires to begin with so IMO they should be damn near the same

actually my tires wer shorter than stock but wider 285/50s and yeah i don't how much more the fooses weigh than the stockers but the 22s definetly weigh more than the 20s and i knew that going in.

it's all about weight and where the weight is at. The further away from the axle the harder to turn those wheels. I did weight reduction at the track and got my 12.77. The difference from my 13.18 was removed the tailgate, spare, back seat and less gas in the tank. I ran my 22 and 20 runs at the same track in the same conditions. The thing with my 22's are they are super heavy.

exactly, which is why i was wanting to know what was the smallest wheel i could run so i could figure out how much a track wheel setup would be