Rotor Swap

454MATT

I just picked up some replacement rotors for my 03 SS but they are a bit smaller than the stocks. The stocks measure 1 1/8 from either side of the rotor and the new ones are only 3/4 of an inch thick.. Will this be an issue?

Matt

which ones did you get? you are talking about the rotor thickness right? that will be a problem for warping and heat absorpsion

:withstupid: Wow, 3/4 of an inch thick? Consider those a gonner after your first panic stop. Please tell me you didn't buy Akebono rotors from Auto Zone. It may be worthwhile to upgrade to Power Slot Rotors, they cost almost the same as an OE Delco rotor. :chevy:

yeah thats pretty much what i figured. I picked them up at Napa auto parts and they were the top of the line that they carry($222 each retail), i didn't realize till i put it up against the stocker that it was smaller.... Guess i will try and locate a shop that can order me a set of power slots. Gonna have to run my worn out shitty stockers till the new rotors show up.

Thanx for the help

Matt

Guess i will try and locate a shop that can order me a set of power slots.

Get them from Summit Racing, if you order today there is a good chance you will have them by the end of the day Thursday. :chevy:

Is anybody running the SSBC Big Brake kit(part# A126-42) on their SS? Its a 14" rotor with caliper mounts. Also what size of rear rotor do we have....................the 12.76", with the 28.5mm thickness?

Matt