California To Legalize Weed For Everyone

zanis520

but i honestly think that its a dumb argument, that the gov should legalize it just to tax it.

The government did the same thing to alcohol back in the day. It was illigal at one time, then they made it legal so that they could tax it. As for me, I dissagree with this! I don't think that it should be legal, but that is just my opinion.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with it. not for tax reasons but for crime reasons....but then again....where do you draw the line at? there will still be murders over cocain,meth etc etc.

im with dave....same thing happend with alcohol.... and its going to happen with weed.....either next month or 5 years from now..its only a matter of time. so no point in gettin pissed about it. like dave said...keep an open mind with change

im sure this same exact argument happened during pre and post prohibition...

alcohol related deaths -

How can alcohol be blamed for 100,000 deaths each year?

# 5% of all deaths from diseases of the circulatory system are attributed to alcohol.

# 15% of all deaths from diseases of the respiratory system are attributed to alcohol.

# 30% of all deaths from accidents caused by fire and flames are attributed to alcohol.

# 30% of all accidental drownings are attributed to alcohol.

# 30% of all suicides are attributed to alcohol.

# 40% of all deaths due to accidental falls are attributed to alcohol.

# 45% of all deaths in automobile accidents are attributed to alcohol.

# 60% of all homicides are attributed to alcohol.

(Sources: NIDA Report, the Scientific American and Addiction Research Foundation of Ontario.) Also see Alcohol Consumption and Mortality, Alcohol poisoning deaths, CDC report,

100,000 deaths. That's more than a statistic. That is 100,000 individuals with faces. 100,000 individuals with lives not fully lived. 100,000 individuals grieved by mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, and children. Every year.

weed related deaths per year - 0

An exhaustive search of the literature finds no credible reports of deaths induced by marijuana. The US Drug Abuse Warning Network (DAWN) records instances of drug mentions in medical examiners' reports, and though marijuana is mentioned, it is usually in combination with alcohol or other drugs. Marijuana alone has not been shown to cause an overdose death.

it is funny how people talk out of their asses on subjects they know nothing about... and for the record i do not endorse smoking weed whatsoever... I just think you should be opened minded to change...

Wow, 255% of all deaths can be attributed to alcohol. :D I guess I better stop drinking and start smoking! :jester:

Interesting.

I have not used pot or ever plan to and that is my choice however as Dave stated, I am also open minded and can see some pro's vs. cons on this. First, alcohol is the most commonly used chemical in drug facilitated sexual assault / violent crimes. In large part this is due to the fact that alcohol is easily accessible and a chemical that many people choose to use in public / private social interactions due to its legalality. Given the fact that marijuana is not "easily accessible" and not used widely in public social interactions, the statistics are biased in my opinion. If marijuana is ever legalized, the statistics will level out.

How do you contain a mind altering substance in public social interactions when the mode of drug delivery is breathing aerosolized agents? This is why the public cigarette smoking is being quickly made illegal, you can't contain the substance in a bottle and prevent second hand unwilling contact. This alone is a MAJOR hurdle that will prevent legalalization based on constitutional equal human rights.

All in my humble opinion of course :cheers:

You guys are all getting riled-up for nothing. It's the same old CA liberal activist movement BS that happened when I lived there 20 YEARS AGO, a bunch of vocal activists raise a hell of a ruckus but when it comes polling time the very quiet conservative Californians will slap that initiative down. Those hippies are grasping for straws...

Mr. P. :)

Yep, until some judge in the ninth circuit court there decides that the voters wishes are not what's best for the state and unilaterally rules it legal. :wtf: The quiet conservatives struck down gay marriage, but we all know how that's gone...

Interesting.

I have not used pot or ever plan to and that is my choice however as Dave stated, I am also open minded and can see some pro's vs. cons on this. First, alcohol is the most commonly used chemical in drug facilitated sexual assault / violent crimes. In large part this is due to the fact that alcohol is easily accessible and a chemical that many people choose to use in public / private social interactions due to its legalality. Given the fact that marijuana is not "easily accessible" and not used widely in public social interactions, the statistics are biased in my opinion. If marijuana is ever legalized, the statistics will level out.

How do you contain a mind altering substance in public social interactions when the mode of drug delivery is breathing aerosolized agents? This is why the public cigarette smoking is being quickly made illegal, you can't contain the substance in a bottle and prevent second hand unwilling contact. This alone is a MAJOR hurdle that will prevent legalalization based on constitutional equal human rights.

All in my humble opinion of course :cheers:

:pepsicheer: