Trt, Are They A Good Company?

Is TRT a good company? Products? Services?

Anybody have anything to say about them? Positive or not.

I'm thinking about buying the Stage 3 from TRT in 3-4 more months, and just finishing up some research.

Now... I live in Alaska and I'm not sure if the turbo location is suitable for winter driving (with the snow and ice) Opinions about winter driving? Problems?

I'm thinking that I'll cut a hole in the bottom of the bed, in the front right corner, to put the air intake. That and a bed cover would protect it from water intake. Build a cage of 3/32" expanded steel, to protect the filter. it'll look and perform way better then this post makes it sound (like some hillbilly rig up).

So that's not the problem, the problem is.... would snow and ice cool the turbo down too fast? Would the steel (of the turbo) expand and cool down to fast and become brittle, causing fractures? Opinions?

Thanks for the Help.

my buddy has a denali with the sts turbo under the bed. in fairbanks ak. He has the kn filter wrap on his filter and it works pretty good. Saved his turbo and filter from damage from mud and what not. If you want i can get you an email address and you can talk to him about it.

NO!!! i would advise u to stay away from them cus they are not a good company just a bunch of half assed work and i can speak on experience because they did the there stage 5 on my truck and had the speed density tuning and ran a wapping 14.3 and they had my truck for 3-4 months and thats toatally unexceptable and as far as there tranny guy scam artist i payed for a total rebuild and i basically got a stock unit cus he just put stock parts in it or at least the clutches he did

From the looks of their website, it looks like somebody's garage and not a proffesional shop. This really cleared things up on who I should buy from.

I went to Trick Turbo's and I wish I would've known about them sooner, NOW I've made up my mind.

Two questions.... Does the Hi-Mount kit produce alot of under hood heat? I'm thinking a cowl hood and E-fans would exhaust the heat for the most part.

And... Does anybody know of a shop in anchorage that will tune my computer after the install? I cant seem to find one online.

Ohh yeah..... Totally unrealated but, I finally installed my 8000K HID's in my lows and DAMN!! I wish I would've made the transission sooner.

Ive heard nothing but good things about trick turbo, but if you really want a low-mount turbo you could easily make a splash shield or something down there to help. Plus Ive never heard of TRT, but from what was said above Id stay away from em. Its always better to spend a little more and be safe.