Called Vortech

They tell me you can swap out the v2 for the v3 but they dont have the available unit for the pn i gave them that matches the silverado ss kit......

Basically what they told me was ass backwards of what they said 30 seconds prior.... you can swap it out but they dont make that one yet.

I tried to ask if i could just swap the actual head unit out and he said they dont make it yet again... :wtf: I honestly think their sales guy i just talked to is a moron. If you ask me i thought the V2 and V3 models would be almost identical in every application. I dont see how one is different in a mustang than a silverado. I can understand ducting and all the stuff but the actual unit should be the same.... needless to say the guy got me all wired up and keep telling me they didnt make it but you could swap it out on any other application that they make it for.

honestly i have had the same luck too. i just know what is what and call and ask for exactly what i want.

and yes all head units are the same is they are numbered so . only things that are different from unit to unit is dicharge( straight or 90 and rotation cw or ccw)

honestly i have had the same luck too. i just know what is what and call and ask for exactly what i want.

and yes all head units are the same is they are numbered so . only things that are different from unit to unit is dicharge( straight or 90 and rotation cw or ccw)

SO basically if you get ahold of somebody that knows their head from their ___________e you could get the swap done....

I orginally placed an order but seems my bank has the wrong address and the place wont accept the money. I may have changed my mind dealing with these guys i want something that i dont ahve to tap the oil pan or maybe the KB setup is really just what i want.

SO basically if you get ahold of somebody that knows their head from their ___________e you could get the swap done....

I orginally placed an order but seems my bank has the wrong address and the place wont accept the money. I may have changed my mind dealing with these guys i want something that i dont ahve to tap the oil pan or maybe the KB setup is really just what i want.

its funny you say that, i was going to say that vortech's customer sevice has some lacking but no one can top kenne belle. try finding a compressor map for there blower's.

its funny you say that, i was going to say that vortech's customer sevice has some lacking but no one can top kenne belle. try finding a compressor map for there blower's.

Well i just got off the phone with kenne bell and they told me the discontiuned the 6.0 truck superchargers.... what a way to start a week :banghead:

Ya I hear you some ot the the sales guys I've talked to don't know too much. I always try to talk to a technical support rep. You might have better luck contacting one of them. The only thing I can think of being different would be the bolt holes on the v3 blower not matching up to the silverado mounting bracket but I couldn't say for sure.

You could try looking into the ATI Procharger if you like centrifugal blowers. No oil lines on their kits.

Edited by kisthisSS (see edit history)

Ya I hear you some ot the the sales guys I've talked to don't know too much. I always try to talk to a technical support rep. You might have better luck contacting one of them. The only thing I can think of being different would be the bolt holes on the v3 blower not matching up to the silverado mounting bracket but I couldn't say for sure.

You could try looking into the ATI Procharger if you like centrifugal blowers. No oil lines on their kits.

True but if you go to vortech website and read their V3 article it says it will bolt up to any V2 V4 or V7 pre existing kit... so who knows.

Have you looked at the new Magnacharger TVS1900? They are suppose to produce alot better numbers than the old 112 blower and more efficiant.

nope i look it up, thanx for the heads up

True but if you go to vortech website and read their V3 article it says it will bolt up to any V2 V4 or V7 pre existing kit... so who knows.

Ya I looked on there and saw the same thing you did. I don't see why they would advertise that and be telling you any differently. Makes no sense to me. I would contact the technical department at Vortech to find out for sure. I think they would have a little more info than the sales side...or maybe not. It's worth a shot I guess.

Edited by kisthisSS (see edit history)