Truck Pulling Timing At Wot

Ok, My buddies truck which is a 2005 SSS has a new motor from GM and lately it is pulling timing when he gets on it. He has a hypertech tuner attached to it, which where he's seeing the timing getting pulled. He's seeing his timing go from 22 degrees advanced to minus -8 degrees at 4700 rpm. His name is Kevin and I think he lurks around here quite bit but doesn't have an account yet. Hopefully this will convince him :cheers:

Any thoughts?

If he is using the high performance tune without a 160 thermostat it might pull timing,it says right in the book,do not use highest performance tune without 160 thermostat.maybe this is it maybe not.tell him to ditch the programmer and get zippy tuned.

• 1 month later...
If he is using the high performance tune without a 160 thermostat it might pull timing,it says right in the book,do not use highest performance tune without 160 thermostat.maybe this is it maybe not.tell him to ditch the programmer and get zippy tuned.

:withstupid: my truck runs excellent with a custom tune w/o a 160 thermostat