How Do I Keep From Spinning?

I would guess that with the 5 speed you could pick up some milage if you had the gearing right. The NV4500 is a very tough trans, but doesn't like to be shifted hard. It is considerably stronger than the NV3500, but still a purpose built truck transmission.

so trying to get one for performance purposes would'nt be a good idea?.. could'nt switch to a heavier clutch (centerforce or similar) or switch the shifter to something like a b&m or hurst?.. for some occasional track use?... i probably won't do it anyway but it was always a thought in the back of my head :crazy: lol.

The NV3500 is pretty weak overall, but the NV4500 is only week in it's syncro design. If powershifting isn't a concern to you it will hold up very well and has some fun gearing to it. They just aren't designed to be shifted fast.

:withstupid::withstupid: the detroit true trac works like a LSD and locks under load or slippage. you "shoud" have a 14 bolt so make sure you order it right. i got mine from ebay for 420 shipped with bearings, races, and shims included

What's an easy way to tell if i've got a 14 bolt?

The NV3500 is pretty weak overall, but the NV4500 is only week in it's syncro design. If powershifting isn't a concern to you it will hold up very well and has some fun gearing to it. They just aren't designed to be shifted fast.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Venture_G...00_transmission doesn't say anything about 2003, anyone know if my 2003 Silverado 2500 (not HD) has this?