Fishing Picts From The Weekend

Our digital scale 15.4 so. I dont know. I caught him on a buzz bait. No we let him go hes in the pond right behind the house so I know where hes at. I dive the pond from time to time to clean out the dam outlet and there are a couple in there that are bigger than that. Its spring fed and they get plenty to eat so no bigie.

Nice fish .

Thanks!

BTW, Nice fish you got there either way. Isn’t the feeling great when ya watch the big ones swim away after a great fight? I find it almost as exhilarating as catching them. If you want to have them mounted now days chances are the taxidermist won’t even use the real fish. As to the quality of a fiberglass mount, it all depends on the “artist” painting it. Besides all that the big ones are not all that good to eat, not as tasty as a 2-3 pounder.

Thanks!

BTW, Nice fish you got there either way. Isn’t the feeling great when ya watch the big ones swim away after a great fight? I find it almost as exhilarating as catching them. If you want to have them mounted now days chances are the taxidermist won’t even use the real fish. As to the quality of a fiberglass mount, it all depends on the “artist” painting it. Besides all that the big ones are not all that good to eat, not as tasty as a 2-3 pounder.

I would love to have him mounted. All the extra money is going to Horses and the truck. It was a good fight he was a lot of fun. I didnt know they dont even use the real fish that sucks.

I didnt know they dont even use the real fish that sucks.

Yeah, nowdays its difficult to find anyone that does a skin mount anymore because the fiberglass reproductions look so much like the rela thing and they are allot more durable than the old fashioned skin mounts. The bottom line is if you want a mount made, weigh the fish, measure his lenght and girth and take plenty of pictures. Then find a good artist because if they do the fiberglass or skin mount they still have to paint it.

Mike

Nice bass................... :cheers: ........Gotta love those old farm ponds! I used to live in a little town in NE Kansas years ago, and there were several spring fed ponds within 3 miles of my house. Some of them weren't fished on in years..........I caught alot of nice size bass out of those ponds........biggest one weighed in at a little over 8 lbs.....My most productive lure was the Mepps "Black Fury" ....................amazing what those fish would go after. Miss those days of heading out to the "pond" after work.................................

Nice Bass! :cheers:

My biggest is 10 lbs but in Mass, that's pretty big.

Nice bass! A 10 pounder is a nice fish anywhere but out here in CA a 10 pounder will barely get ya a head nod. We have some giants out here. The state stocks the lakes with 8-15 inch rainbow trout for people to catch and the bass eat them so they grow very big very fast. I, as well as allot of others throw lures that look just like the stocker trout in sizes ranging from 8 to 18 inches for bass.

Nice bass! A 10 pounder is a nice fish anywhere but out here in CA a 10 pounder will barely get ya a head nod. We have some giants out here. The state stocks the lakes with 8-15 inch rainbow trout for people to catch and the bass eat them so they grow very big very fast. I, as well as allot of others throw lures that look just like the stocker trout in sizes ranging from 8 to 18 inches for bass.

wow, the bass eat the rainbow trout ! no wonder there so damn big. if i ever go to cali i'll be sure to do some bassin.

wow, the bass eat the rainbow trout ! no wonder there so damn big. if i ever go to cali i'll be sure to do some bassin.

Let me know if you come out and if I'm available we might be able to hook up. I'm still trying to free up some time to take Big Dave, USABodyGuard, out fishing.

Edited by Champion201 (see edit history)