Question About General Grabber Uhp's

SilveradoEsEs

OK, I've searched and didn't find a solid answer, so hoping someone can help me out. I'm looking at the General Grabber UHP 295/50/20 tires to go on the stock 20" SS wheels. I'm nervous that the tires may rub. I want to beef up the look with a slightly wider tire. Does someone have these particular tires (or a similar tire) in the same size on the stock wheels and do you have any rubbing issues when turning?

Thanks for the reply, Fireman31. On every truck that I've owned, I always replace the stock tires with the widest tire that I can get away with and still keep the stock wheels. I always try to keep the stock heighth of the tire to keep the speedo accurate. I could've sworn that I read in here of a couple of people running 305 width tires, but I can't remember if they were on aftermarket wheels or the stock wheels.

I am running General Grabber UHP's right now, Great tire BTW.

I have 285/50r20, and they rub the inner wheel well, in front of the front doors.

"You cant here any thing, but if you look in there u can see where they hit."

I have like a +22mm offset, same as stock, I believe? I think your going to rub.. :uhoh:

those tire's do look beefy in a 285, and tuck nicely.

~Danny

i am running a 305/45/22 they rub a little on the inner fender up front but i am not lowered. I also have grabbers on my truck there pretty good mine are a little too wide for deeper pools of water not bad. there not the best if you have to use them in snow.

I have them in the stock size on mine, and they look a little beefier than the original GY. The sidwall is thicker, and has a lip at the bead that goes over the edge of the rim. I love the tires. They look and handle very well, and I've had mine for 25K miles and are wearing very well.

Thanks for the replys.

CoolBlueSS, when you say the sidewall is thicker, do you mean in height or do you mean they bulge out more?

Riddler, it looks like you've got a drop on your truck. I'm at stock height and don't have any plans to go lower. I'm wondering if the stock height will allow for a wider tire before any contact occurs.

03blueSSon22s I've got almost 39k on my original GY's, but I'm noticing a lot of hydroplaning when it rains. We don't see much snow here in N Tx. Occasionally some ice, but usually for a few days at most.