Tactical Driving Video

Here is just a short clip of me doing a reverse 180 with my marauder today at the track. My driving intructor Bobby Ore had a 3 day class the weekend and I went out and helped him instruct for a couple of days... first day i forgot to bring my camera, and then today it ran out of batteries, but i did get one good video... i have a few more of this same proceedure i will post later...

anyways, here ya go...

th_Reverse180MM.jpg

yea it is hard to do... it took the students in class most of the day doing it dozens of times to even come close... one student grenaded a trans and a half shaft in one of the tactical cars while doing it...

get up to about 40 mph in reverse, which in itself is pretty gnarly, the grab the wheel and whip it around... half way through the spin (at 35 mph) you have to drop it into DRIVE, grab the wheel and recover and accelerate out of it... Ive been doing this type of driving for over ten years so im used to it... but if you dont practice it, you will lose it...

BTW - has anyone seen the new Dark Knight preview on TV? (new batman movie)...

well the LONGEST chase scene in movie history is in that film... 12 minutes long, which is ridiculous, anyways... at the end on the preview you see a huge tractor trailer do a flip up in the air... IT IS REAL AND NOT CGI... they did it in downtown chicago, I met the stunt driver that did the flip... they used a 9 foot long, 6 foot wide NITROGEN cannon with 200 TONS of compression to flip that beast over... other than having cables secure the rig to the trailer, the truck was unmodified (except for the cannon in the back)... he had to do the stunt in down town chicago and only had 60 feet of roadway to do it...

so when you see the movie, just know it is REAL and NOT CGI BS... BTW his name is Jimmy and he is a helluva nice guy... i chatted with him all weekend during the course :thumbs:

yea it is hard to do... it took the students in class most of the day doing it dozens of times to even come close... one student grenaded a trans and a half shaft in one of the tactical cars while doing it...

get up to about 40 mph in reverse, which in itself is pretty gnarly, the grab the wheel and whip it around... half way through the spin (at 35 mph) you have to drop it into DRIVE, grab the wheel and recover and accelerate out of it... Ive been doing this type of driving for over ten years so im used to it... but if you dont practice it, you will lose it...

BTW - has anyone seen the new Dark Knight preview on TV? (new batman movie)...

well the LONGEST chase scene in movie history is in that film... 12 minutes long, which is ridiculous, anyways... at the end on the preview you see a huge tractor trailer do a flip up in the air... IT IS REAL AND NOT CGI... they did it in downtown chicago, I met the stunt driver that did the flip... they used a 9 foot long, 6 foot wide NITROGEN cannon with 200 TONS of compression to flip that beast over... other than having cables secure the rig to the trailer, the truck was unmodified (except for the cannon in the back)... he had to do the stunt in down town chicago and only had 60 feet of roadway to do it...

so when you see the movie, just know it is REAL and NOT CGI BS... BTW his name is Jimmy and he is a helluva nice guy... i chatted with him all weekend during the course :thumbs:

how bout some screening tickets, i've been trying to win these on the radio for my brother who i a die hard batman fan. :D