Had Another "dad Moment"

misterp

Damn, I'm glad I've got 2 boys! As one of our friends said, "Be glad you only have 2 d***ks to worry about, and not ten thousand" Good luck Steve!

Just be honest with her. My 11 year old son had his first "sex ed" class this past year........many questions have been discussed at our dinner table this year!

They're going to get thier questions answered by someone, we should all be thankful that they come to us first. Giving us the opertunity to educate them the way we want to with such an important subject.

... i blame the mass media. Its the internet and the 600 channels on TV...

Yup that's where my daughter heard it - she told me that it was a line on a TV show that her mom watches, sorry don't know which one, I don't watch network stuff but maybe it was Scrubs?

You and I had similar upbringing, my mother is a dedicated Mormon, so I had a VERY sheltered upbringing and at 18 I flipped overnight from 5-years of seminary & church choir to driving a '77 Trans-Am and living with Stiffler's Mom :devil: Hmmm come to think of it I haven't changed much since then :lol: But at that time in my life there was no internet, or sexually liberal TV/radio, so it was nobody's fault by my own for the change in my life's direction.

All kids WILL find out about sex somehow, someway, someday and that initial exposure can come from any number of places like peers/media/self-discovery/etc and as a parent I see it as being in my best interests that my kids are introduced to ALL adult topics at a time & place of my choosing so that I have some kind of control of the situation. Notice I said "introduced" I don't force more graphic detail then they are ready for given their age/maturity but I make sure I get the first discussion in. I have a lot of faith in kids; they're damned smart sometimes too much for their own good. But in every case where I have told my kids ALL the facts good & bad on a given subject and we've discussed all the perspectives they've made the right decisions by themselves and done me proud every time.

Mr. P. :)