Installation of drop kit

ssblackss

Hi All

I read here a bit ago about someone who does mechanical work and installed a drop kit on one of our guys' trucks here. Am I correct? I was just wondering where he was located?

I have my kit in the back of the truck and as we all know it's no good there now is it.

Many thanks

Man what a great site :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
You could get done at a 4X4 shops. They'll look at you funny because you're lowering, but they'll get over it.

Ben's right. There are two shops here in San Diego that are very competent but mostly do lifts instead of lowering: 4 Wheel Parts and Off Road Warehouse. I went in recently and asked them about ordering sway bars and the said they don't ever order sway bars, because they usually either remove them or put quick-disconnects on existing ones (sways only get in the way of off-roading). But both shops do excellent work.

Makes sense. Was worried it was a stupid question, but getting it installed right is what really matters to me. Anyone hear of anyone good in Minnesota

( minneapolis area ) ? The only way I would lower is if someone who really knows what they are doing performes the work. The mcgaughy's kit seems to be pretty good, so to convince me I would just need to find someone good to do the work.

-Nick

Archived