New Kid

hey i found this place while lookin for sss for sale really clean forum. Anyway im 15 and lookin for my first pickup. My current summer job is at an engine shop where the do let me work on vechicles haha rite now i drive an old f250 with 351 in it. But should soon have mine and my dads 77' camaro running we just pulled a beat up 350 out of it and are putting a GM 383 425hp in it and its a 4-speed :) so thts a little bit about me. if anyody here finds any sss for sale let me kno i do watch the for sale section on here.

nice website, dexter

Welcome to the forum :chevy: Keep your eyes open, right now it's a buyer's market on trucks, a contact of mine in Long Island just sold a clean 2003 SSS with 90K-miles for $12,300. You should easily find what you are looking for, most used car dealers are picking the 2003 (AWD) trucks up for $11K to 13K so you should be able to get one well within your budget - the 2WD trucks are going to be a little more expensive. Also, you might consider a Vortec High Output (VHO) truck, it's the GMC equivalent truck with SS drivetrain but 2WD and without the leather and cladding, they will be a lot less I am sure.

Mr. P. :)

rite now i drive an old f250 with 351 in it. nice website, dexter

You can Drive @ 15 where your from?

Welcome to the site!

let us know what you buy. If they are that low in price, I should buy another one!

~Danny

You can Drive @ 15 where your from?

Welcome to the site!

let us know what you buy. If they are that low in price, I should buy another one!

~Danny

well i start drivers license stuff at 15 and actually im 14 rite now but my b days is in like 2 weeks so i like to say im 15 haha and i i drive to work about 6 miles there but this is a small town in the country if we lived in a city i would not be allowed to drive to work. i have gotten pulled over once because i was going 48 in a 45 and the sign that said 45 was about 200 yards behind me from where i got pulled over it dropped from 55 so i thought it was pretty cruddy of him to do that but i had to call my mom and tell her what happen and went striaght home.

Mr.P i have read a lotta stories and stuff about the differences in those pickups like how people turn traction control off when they are street racing can you explain what that is i am thinking its jus on the 05-06 models

Edited by lookin4an03ss (see edit history)

Mr.P i have read a lotta stories and stuff about the differences in those pickups like how people turn traction control off when they are street racing can you explain what that is i am thinking its jus on the 05-06 models

'05-1/2 to '07 are RWD and have traction control, the AWD models do not

alrite cool and when you turn it on its like a locking differencial??

in a way.....when the vehicle senses a loss of traction it automatically activates the ABS system and cuts engine power to help regain control

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Hey welcome to the site. Have you looked at the SS S-10's? My son is 16 and that is what we got him. Nice little truck. They only made them from 1994 to 1998. You should be able to pick one of these up for less then $7000. They have the HO V-6. I know it is not a V8, but may save you on gas right now. Just a thought.

Hey welcome to the site. Have you looked at the SS S-10's? My son is 16 and that is what we got him. Nice little truck. They only made them from 1994 to 1998. You should be able to pick one of these up for less then $7000. They have the HO V-6. I know it is not a V8, but may save you on gas right now. Just a thought.

i see them on ebay but never have really looked them up or anything